Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED] Empty Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 20:49

So everything was fine with my Sims 4 up until yesterday. I had minimized my game and had switched users to the guest account on my computer. Later I switched back to my administrator account and closed out of Sims. When I logged back in an hour or so later I had this weird issue with the screen. The main menu looks completely fine, but when I click on game settings or when I get in the game this happens. (view picture) If needed I can get a picture in game of the issue as well. I tried running the Ultimate Fix and I noticed the redist files were saying to repair them instead of install them, so I did that. Re opened my Sims application and the issue is still there. Even tried opening the 32-bit application and nothing changed. Also noticed that the music disappears halfway through loading up the game. I tried to do a search for similar issues but I didn't even know what to type. Please help! Don't know what else to do.

Last edited by Carlos on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 22:43; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Picture didn't upload)

Back to top Go down

Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Jan 2016, 23:24

DangersVoyage wrote:So everything was fine with my Sims 4 up until yesterday. I had minimized my game and had switched users to the guest account on my computer. Later I switched back to my administrator account and closed out of Sims. When I logged back in an hour or so later I had this weird issue with the screen. The main menu looks completely fine, but when I click on game settings or when I get in the game this happens. (view picture) If needed I can get a picture in game of the issue as well. I tried running the Ultimate Fix and I noticed the redist files were saying to repair them instead of install them, so I did that. Re opened my Sims application and the issue is still there. Even tried opening the 32-bit application and nothing changed. Also noticed that the music disappears halfway through loading up the game. I tried to do a search for similar issues but I didn't even know what to type. Please help! Don't know what else to do.

Hello and welcome to the forum @DangersVoyage,

Did you make sure to have all available Windows updates (and graphics driver updates) downloaded and installed ? Are you getting similar problems with other games ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016, 01:01

Carlos wrote:
DangersVoyage wrote:So everything was fine with my Sims 4 up until yesterday. I had minimized my game and had switched users to the guest account on my computer. Later I switched back to my administrator account and closed out of Sims. When I logged back in an hour or so later I had this weird issue with the screen. The main menu looks completely fine, but when I click on game settings or when I get in the game this happens. (view picture) If needed I can get a picture in game of the issue as well. I tried running the Ultimate Fix and I noticed the redist files were saying to repair them instead of install them, so I did that. Re opened my Sims application and the issue is still there. Even tried opening the 32-bit application and nothing changed. Also noticed that the music disappears halfway through loading up the game. I tried to do a search for similar issues but I didn't even know what to type. Please help! Don't know what else to do.

Hello and welcome to the forum @DangersVoyage,

Did you make sure to have all available Windows updates (and graphics driver updates) downloaded and installed ? Are you getting similar problems with other games ?

Hello and thank you!

Updated Windows except for Windows 10 and updated the drivers and it's working without problem now! Thank you so much! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Jan 2016, 22:43

DangersVoyage wrote:
Hello and thank you!

Updated Windows except for Windows 10 and updated the drivers and it's working without problem now! Thank you so much! Smile

Looked like a graphics-related glitch. Anyhow, good to hear you figured it out ! Have fun with the game and feel free to get back in touch with us anytime again if you need support on something we can help with. Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top