Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unzipping The Sims 4 files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unzipping The Sims 4 files Empty Unzipping The Sims 4 files

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 01:45

I'm new here. Hello,

There might be an obvious answer to the questions I have but I have been working on this for days and I really don't know .... The instructions you gave for downloading and installing the sims for and it's expansions are clear, but the files seem to be zipped and no matter what I do I cannot open them! Why. So literally right after downloading the three games I go into my folder and the are just three compressed files that when I click on them they say I cannot open them and give me options to open them in winRAR or something ... I tried BitTorrent, thats taking too long, and I tried 7-zip and it cannot open it .... Did I miss a step? Any suggestions? Please help me !! Why God. Why God. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd ... BTW I love your downloads and so much appreciate them!

Thank you Cookie from Carlos

Back to top Go down

Unzipping The Sims 4 files Empty Re: Unzipping The Sims 4 files

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 02:01

Hello, @daiziaashleyj, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

The compressed files need to be decompressed by using WinRAR. You can either open them and drag and drop the folders inside to another folder, or right click them and select "Extract to [name of file]". This will allow you to manipulate them normally. Remember to read the guide included inside.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 02:37

Sorry I cguess I didn't understand the instructions as well as I thought I did WhatDidUJustCallMe? but thank you very much !!!! I haven't finished all tthe steps yet but I'll keep you updated if you dont mind!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 02:49

C:\Users\DaiziaAshleyJessica\Desktop\The Sims 4\The Sims 4\setup1.cab: The archive is corrupt
    Cannot open C:\Users\DaiziaAshleyJessica\Desktop\The Sims 4\The Sims 4\setup3.cab
!   The system cannot find the file specified.
    Cannot open C:\Users\DaiziaAshleyJessica\Desktop\The Sims 4\The Sims 4\setup3.cab
    C:\Users\DaiziaAshleyJessica\Desktop\The Sims 4\The Sims 4\setup1.cab: Cannot open C:\Users\DaiziaAshleyJessica\Desktop\The Sims 4\The Sims 4\setup3.cab

Thats the error message I keep receiving during the extraction and when I went into The base game folder and installed setup.1.cab error message came up ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 02:52

Did you make sure that the file was completely downloaded before extracting it? You won't be able to install the game if those files are missing or corrupt, as all of them are parts of it that are needed.

What version of WinRAR do you have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 03:18

I believe I installed them completely ... they just downloaded normally ... but I did accidently download multiple copies ... not sure if that makes a difference ? I also have winRAR bit 64 .... Should I get rid of all files and start over? and if so, how do i completely remove them ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 03:21

Well, you can first delete the extracted folder and try extracting it again to see if anything changes.

If by 'completely remove' you mean delete permanently, you can select the files and then press Shift+Delete. A confirmation will appear to delete them, and this won't send them to the Recycle Bin. Or you can just Delete them and they will remain on the Recycle Bin until you empty it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 03:53

Thank you ! Okay so now I've deleted all files completely and downloaded them again but now when I go to extract them an error message pops up "no archives found in selected files and folders" .... I'm sure its an easy fix I'm just not seeing I'm sorry but could you tell me ? Why God. Why God. Why God. Why God. Why God. i tried googling it first and nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:02

Well, what steps are you following exactly? What method did you choose for extracting?

If you open the files before extracting them, are all folders in there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:16

I literally just download them from the download page you've provided and they don't take any time at all to download .... i don't think its actually downloading the content which is weird .... should i try installing a torrent reader/opener or something? the files are showing up as blank pieces of paper and I'm assuming there is just no content in it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:23

How are you downloading them? Are you talking about this page?
https://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

If so, you first need to download the torrent using something like BitTorrent/qBittorrent, and that will give you the compressed RAR files that need to be opened using WinRAR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:24

Ohhhh okay I figured it had to be because I uninstalled it ... ugh thank you ! let me try that now thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:38

Okay wait, so how do I download them through bittorrent? because i downloaded them first then installed bittorent and idk ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:47

Okay so i figured out how to compress and then run them hrough winRAR but winRAR keeps pulling up a diagnostic screen saying:

C:\Users\DaiziaAshleyJessica\Documents\The Sims 4 - Get to Work.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    C:\Users\DaiziaAshleyJessica\Documents\The Sims 4 - Get Together.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    C:\Users\DaiziaAshleyJessica\Documents\The Sims 4.rar: Checksum error in setup1.cab. The file is corrupt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:52

You can open the .torrent files in BitTorrent via the File -> Open dialog. Or you can also click on the magnets next to the title of the game on the download page and they should open automatically on BitTorrent.

Now, the files will appear even before they haven't finished downloading. Are you allowing them to finish before trying to extract them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:55

Oh so I have to download them through bittorent? its like the process that takes like a day or two right? thats what you mean? and if so, would using "7-zip" work as well? If not, any other torrent downloaders you would suggest that are faster ? Thank you again so much !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 05:28

Yes, you have to download them through BitTorrent, and wait until they reach 100% (Completed). How long it takes depends on the speed of your internet connection and the seeders that the torrent has. The speed difference of torrent clients is pretty negligible, but you may want to look at this topic:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide#
Some of the images of the guide seem to be missing, but that may be fixed shortly.
It should work for BitTorrent too, as the interface is pretty similar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top