Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Save Files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Save Files Empty Sims 4 Save Files

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 18:42

so i currently have sims 4 and a few expansions installed from games4theworld. ie, pirated. but lately i've been tempted to buy the game legally, and i'm wondering if my saved games and sims would carry over without any errors and so on after i uninstall the pirated copy and download/install the legal version of the game?? would i have to copy and backup files myself?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Save Files Empty Re: Sims 4 Save Files

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Mar 2017, 20:34

Hello,

It's always a good idea to make a backup of your saves before making any changes to your game, but technically, you shouldn't have to worry about your saves. 
You should know that any content from the DLC that you're not going to buy legally is probably going to end up missing from your savegame, and I don't know whether missing DLC would mess with your save at all. You should keep in mind that you may have to start a new save, but you can always keep that backup for such a time when your game is complete.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Mar 2017, 05:03

Other than that, your old savefiles should be safely usable in a "higher" game patch version. It's essentially as if you apply a cracked new update, onto a game: your game will become updated to a higher patch version, and your old savefiles are still usable.

There is no technical difference between cracked games and legit games, apart from the fact that the latter need to run through Origin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top