Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buydebug conflict with storefix_decrap_fixes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buydebug conflict with storefix_decrap_fixes Empty Buydebug conflict with storefix_decrap_fixes

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 04:32

All Sims 3 content I own is legal, with the exception of the Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire I downloaded recently from games4theworld.

I noticed that after I installed that pack, I started having issues with infinite save loops. I narrowed down the problem to buying certain items from BuyDebug. After purchasing certain items, I cannot save the game. This does not apply to all buydebug items. For example, I tried buying some statues from world adventures, and those did not cause the glitch. But buying the board breaker blocks did cause the glitch.
After searching the forums, I found that other people had narrowed the issue down to storefix_decrap_fixes. When I remove this file, I can buy all debug items without problem, but certain parts of the Duke of Bows pack no longer work properly (such as archery and the violin).

I don't supposed anyone has found any way of fixing this problem since the last time someone posted about it? At anyrate, I thought I would share my info in case it helps.

Back to top Go down

Buydebug conflict with storefix_decrap_fixes Empty Re: Buydebug conflict with storefix_decrap_fixes

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jan 2016, 05:24

hightechartist wrote:All Sims 3 content I own is legal, with the exception of the Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire I downloaded recently from games4theworld.

I noticed that after I installed that pack, I started having issues with infinite save loops. I narrowed down the problem to buying certain items from BuyDebug. After purchasing certain items, I cannot save the game. This does not apply to all buydebug items. For example, I tried buying some statues from world adventures, and those did not cause the glitch. But buying the board breaker blocks did cause the glitch.
After searching the forums, I found that other people had narrowed the issue down to storefix_decrap_fixes. When I remove this file, I can buy all debug items without problem, but certain parts of the Duke of Bows pack no longer work properly (such as archery and the violin).

I don't supposed anyone has found any way of fixing this problem since the last time someone posted about it? At anyrate, I thought I would share my info in case it helps.

//MOVED

Hello again,

This is a known problem since I wrote the topic here. At the end, I managed to come up with modified store fixes that seem to largely fix the issue, for most people. In some cases though, the endless saving loop can still happen. For me, all buydebug items that I used to use, work fine. In general, I don't use buydebug items that often though, anyways.

While I did manage to come up with this "workaround" for the store fixes, I cannot say I am 100% familiar with how exactly these files are coded (I am not a modder). And the person who originally created those fixes has long 'retired' from modding.

I guess the most pragmatic workaround in your case would be to avoid certain buydebug items, if you know for sure that they cause the glitch. 

The store fixes are necessary if you are using "decrapified" (unlocked) store items, such as the Renaissance set that you downloaded from G4TW. Speaking of which, if you remember your other thread, I actually linked to an "original" (non-decrapified) version of the Renaissance set, and you replied it wasn't working. Why exactly ? Was there any error message or something like that...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Buydebug conflict with storefix_decrap_fixes Empty Re: Buydebug conflict with storefix_decrap_fixes

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 07:39

Carlos wrote:
hightechartist wrote:All Sims 3 content I own is legal, with the exception of the Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire I downloaded recently from games4theworld.

//MOVEDHello again,This is a known problem since I wrote the topic here. At the end, I managed to come up with modified store fixes that seem to largely fix the issue, for most people. In some cases though, the endless saving loop can still happen. For me, all buydebug items that I used to use, work fine. In general, I don't use buydebug items that often though, anyways.While I did manage to come up with this "workaround" for the store fixes, I cannot say I am 100% familiar with how exactly these files are coded (I am not a modder). And the person who originally created those fixes has long 'retired' from modding.I guess the most pragmatic workaround in your case would be to avoid certain buydebug items, if you know for sure that they cause the glitch. The store fixes are necessary if you are using "decrapified" (unlocked) store items, such as the Renaissance set that you downloaded from G4TW. Speaking of which, if you remember your other thread, I actually linked to an "original" (non-decrapified) version of the Renaissance set, and you replied it wasn't working. Why exactly ? Was there any error message or something like that...?
The file you link would not install. It would start to, and then it gave me an error saying I needed to update (even though I am fully updated).

I use buydebug with some frequency for those item that are a pain to acquire in other ways (like having to take a trip all the way to China to buy the martial arts equipment, or for item spawners for needed collectibles that don't spawn in the map I'm using). However, when it is really necessary to use it, I can just temporarily remove the storefix_decrap, buy the items I need, and then replace the file. Of course, this requires saving and re-loading up the game a couple times, which is a pain, but it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jan 2016, 23:02

hightechartist wrote:The file you link would not install. It would start to, and then it gave me an error saying I needed to update (even though I am fully updated).

I use buydebug with some frequency for those item that are a pain to acquire in other ways (like having to take a trip all the way to China to buy the martial arts equipment, or for item spawners for needed collectibles that don't spawn in the map I'm using). However, when it is really necessary to use it, I can just temporarily remove the storefix_decrap, buy the items I need, and then replace the file. Of course, this requires saving and re-loading up the game a couple times, which is a pain, but it works.

Alright, thanks for letting us know. Smile  I wanted to suggest using "CC Magic" for installing the item, but I looked up some information, and it seems that the tool doesn't support original/non-decrapified .sims3pack files...

So yes, I'm afraid that for the time being, you will need to avoid buydebug items that are known to cause the glitch. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top