Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin error after installing get together. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin error after installing get together. [SOLVED] Empty Origin error after installing get together. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 01:27

I've been trying to play the sims 4 for a week now. I had the game before but deleted it, I wanted to play it again so of course I came here as this website is my go to for games. I installed the base game and it worked fine, cool, let's install get to work, great, then i installed get together and the ultimate fix and... Origin is currently not running error. So I searched for solutions and tried everything I could find, nothing. I removed it and tried a different torrent and same thing. I'm stumped, I feel so defeated I can usually fix these things myself. The exact same thing happened to my friend the error only happened after get together.Has anyone else had this problem? Any one have any solutions? I've tried everything I don't know what else to try. Thanks in advance!

Quick edit: I thought it'd be helpful to list some things I have tried.
-moved the folder out of electronic arts, I've also tried just straight to my desktop
-I had all anti virus and firewalls off and added the folders to exceptions
-I dont have origin installed what so ever and I have removed all origin related files
-tried using just the hotfix
-I have downloaded and reinstalled/uninstalled about seven times now i even tried a different version
-tried without internet
-followed all instructions to a T
I'm positive I'm missing a few things. I've searched and searched and tried everything I could find and nothing is fixing this.

//EDIT

I solved it! An antivirus I wasn't even aware of kept deleting my origin dll files! I realized I was missing them so i extracted just those files from the rar and every time i opened the folder I extracted them to I could see them being deleted it was so frustrating! It happened about 8 times and then it hit me that there was another anti virus on haha a little slow but I got it! so I spent a while trying to find it and then changed the allowances on that one and put those files back in the bin folder and all is well, I can rest easy now.

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 00:20; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Left out information)

Back to top Go down

Origin error after installing get together. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin error after installing get together. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 00:19

Welcome to the forum,

That's nice to hear. Smile  Feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime, if you need more support with stuff that we can help with (just open a new topic then). Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top