Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I solved "Origin not running" ERROR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How I solved "Origin not running" ERROR  Empty How I solved "Origin not running" ERROR

Post by Guest Wed 12 Apr 2017, 07:50

It was my first time ever installing the Sims, and after following the instructions here: How to install the sims correctly I got the same error "Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before playing The Sims 4" However I found a way to make the game work with all the DLC's.
Since many people are having this same problem, I decided to open a topic instead of replying to each of them. I hope what I did works for you too. (By the way, I'm working on Windows7 x64 with Microsoft Visual C++ (2013) x64 already installed)

FIRST of all make sure you only use G4TW downloads (base game + DLC's )

My first try at installing the game was a failure, so I uninstalled & deleted the "Sims 4" folder. But before reinstalling the game I configured Windows Defender and my Antivirus following this guide: Unable to start: initialization error on startup
(Just in case, I also turned off my anti-virus)

I suspected the "origin not running" error was detected by an online connection, so I disabled my internet connection.(I unplugged my cable connection)

Then I reinstalled ONLY the base game and moved "The Sims 4" folder located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\

I tried to run the base game (TS4.exe) as Administrator to check if it was working. It worked fine. So, instead of playing the game I stopped at the welcome screen, disabled "Online Access" and clicked "Apply changes". (This option is at the welcome screen: Options menu>Game options>Other)
If you can't run the base game and get an error, something like "you're using a different version, update via Origin" Try this:
Go to the folder: User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Delete the file "GameVersion" and start the game as an Administrator

Then I closed the game and copied all the files and folders from "Get to work" to the installation folder. I started the game (I didn't play it) to check if "Online Access" was still disabled. It was. I did the same after copying "Get together" and "City Living".

The game finally worked even after installing the "City Living" expansion. I didn't need to use the "TS4_x64.exe". Just running the game from "TS4.exe" as an Administrator worked fine for me (Despite having an x64 system)

Finally I enabled my Internet connection and my anti-virus.

These are the files I have right now in: The Sims 4\Game\Bin   If any .dll is missing, the game won't run.
How I solved "Origin not running" ERROR  Captur10
Thanks for reading. I hope someone find this useful.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top