Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visiting the gallery. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Visiting the gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Visiting the gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 09:49

Hello. I was wondering if you have new ways of visiting the gallery after the latest fix, cause I can't seem to get it work.

Back to top Go down

Visiting the gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Visiting the gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 00:41

mana94 wrote:Hello. I was wondering if you have new ways of visiting the gallery after the latest fix, cause I can't seem to get it work.

Hello @mana94,

It's not possible anymore to connect to the gallery with a pirated Sims 4. And it's not related to the No-Origin-files from pirated Sims 4 games. Or at least not exclusively. 

The reason it's not working anymore is because EA have made changes to their gallery online-servers, which simply block pirated games from accessing the gallery. There is no way around this issue.

You could try a lot of other custom content sites though, like "The Sims Resource". Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 07:18

Oh that's too bad.
Yeah I don't really like mods, they mess up my game.
Is there any other way to access the houses and lots available in the gallery?
Would it work if I had the Create a Sim Demo?

//EDIT

Do you think it would work if I had an original version of the base game but used your stuff packs and expansion packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 20:37

mana94 wrote:Oh that's too bad.
Yeah I don't really like mods, they mess up my game.
Is there any other way to access the houses and lots available in the gallery?
Would it work if I had the Create a Sim Demo?

//EDIT

Do you think it would work if I had an original version of the base game but used your stuff packs and expansion packs?

First off, the Sims 4 CAS demo has only a very limited number of creations there. There used to be more, but once they (EA) saw that pirates were using the demo to connect their pirated games to the gallery, the access was limited, step-by-step.

And the solution with buying a legit game and adding pirated DLC wouldn't work either, because you will then start the game with a modified .exe file (i.e. the pirated file), and that's not going to work either.

The only way to my knowledge is that you buy a legit base game, and install it on another computer. Start that legit game from within Origin, and download what you want from the gallery. Then transfer your "Tray"-folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) from the computer with the legit Sims 4, over to your other computer where you have your pirated Sims 4.

In theory you could have the legit game and pirated version on just one computer too, but no warranties for that (I can't guarantee it will work fine). I would still need to investigate more there.

Besides, do you really want to buy the basegame just for being able to access the gallery... ? Smile  Not really worth it in my opinion, but in the end, it's your money of course. I would still suggest you focus on (free) custom content from other sites though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 21:53

Besides, do you really want to buy the basegame just for being able to access the gallery... ? Smile  Not really worth it in my opinion, but in the end, it's your money of course. I would still suggest you focus on (free) custom content from other sites though.
lol I was just considering it. It's just that EA displays many beautiful lots on the news websites and stuff, it's tempting! But thanks for the advise, maybe someday I did do that! 
and I'll visit the sims resource too lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 23:53

mana94 wrote:lol I was just considering it. It's just that EA displays many beautiful lots on the news websites and stuff, it's tempting! But thanks for the advise, maybe someday I did do that! 
and I'll visit the sims resource too lol

Sure, some of the lots and sims on the gallery are beautiful. But I think one of the problems here is simply the fact that people have gotten so much used to the gallery in pirated Sims 4 games, to the extent that they now cannot "do without" the gallery anymore. I'm not implying that this is necessarily the case with you, but as a general trend, I think it is a valid statement. Smile  In the end, it was just a matter of time until EA blocked the gallery access from pirated Sims 4 games (online features in pirated games are limited at best, mostly even non-existent).

And after all, it's a natural human reaction. A beloved fellow human-being will be missed once he or she is "gone". If your favorite food or dish suddenly isn't offered anymore in groceries or restaurants you won't be happy either. I'm sure you get the idea.

Is there anything else we can help you with right now or can I close the topic ?   Surprised
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Feb 2016, 07:12

You're right I'm probably just being silly  Smile
Thank you for your help. You can close the topic. Good day (or night, or...)!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Feb 2016, 12:44

mana94 wrote:You're right I'm probably just being silly  Smile
Thank you for your help. You can close the topic. Good day (or night, or...)!

No, you're not being silly at all. Smile  The reason I pointed out the above things was also because the base game of The Sims 4 is relatively expensive, unless there is some discount going on. In the end, everything that we tell you here is only a "suggestion". What you make of it, is up to you in the end.

Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you want to chat or need support with anything we can help with. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top