Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I give up trying to install gtw and gtg

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - I give up trying to install gtw and gtg Empty I give up trying to install gtw and gtg

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 16:30

I've copied the files, disabled origin-ingame, tried logging out, tried closing origin, and the files are in the sims 4 folder but nothing is showing up in game. what am i doing wrong? whenever i try to start up the sims 4 (legit copy) it opens origin and prompts me to log in. my anti virus isnt deleting any of the files either.

Back to top Go down

silent install - I give up trying to install gtw and gtg Empty Re: I give up trying to install gtw and gtg

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:13

purrrista wrote:I've copied the files, disabled origin-ingame, tried logging out, tried closing origin, and the files are in the sims 4 folder but nothing is showing up in game. what am i doing wrong? whenever i try to start up the sims 4 (legit copy) it opens origin and prompts me to log in. my anti virus isnt deleting any of the files either.

Hello and welcome to the forum @purrista,

Remember that ALL Origin-related windows must be closed before you start up a pirated Sims 4 game, even the Origin-window that prompts you to enter the log-in details. In case you already did that, can you start up the game just fine, but only the DLC are missing ?

Try moving your installation folder of "The Sims 4" directly onto the desktop, and try running the game from there. See what happens then. Good luck, and feel free to keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - I give up trying to install gtw and gtg Empty Re: I give up trying to install gtw and gtg

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016, 15:53

Carlos wrote:
purrrista wrote:I've copied the files, disabled origin-ingame, tried logging out, tried closing origin, and the files are in the sims 4 folder but nothing is showing up in game. what am i doing wrong? whenever i try to start up the sims 4 (legit copy) it opens origin and prompts me to log in. my anti virus isnt deleting any of the files either.

Hello and welcome to the forum @purrista,

Remember that ALL Origin-related windows must be closed before you start up a pirated Sims 4 game, even the Origin-window that prompts you to enter the log-in details. In case you already did that, can you start up the game just fine, but only the DLC are missing ?

Try moving your installation folder of "The Sims 4" directly onto the desktop, and try running the game from there. See what happens then. Good luck, and feel free to keep us posted !

so how to i start the game without it trying to open origin? it won't let me open the game without it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:35

purrrista wrote:
so how to i start the game without it trying to open origin? it won't let me open the game without it Sad

If you are using a pirated Sims 4, you do NOT need Origin. Under optimal circumstances you can simply run the TS4.exe in the Game\Bin-location of the installation folder of The Sims 4. However, many people are having difficulties with that because of anti-virus issues. Please take your time to read through these topics:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

And apply these things to your own system. Note that if you have different anti-virus software than the ones that I used as examples, then you need to do additional research on your own. It's a very difficult issue, but that's the "price" simmers have to pay if they want to play a pirated Sims 4. As cynical as this may sound to you, let's not forget the following: EA have done a superb job at making the game next to impossible to crack. And the resulting crack-files are...well, very susceptible to anti-virus programs.

Times are changing, also for pirated games I guess. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 21:38

I have turned off my avast and windows firewall and nothing has changed. it still automatically opens origin when i click on the regular icon to play and won't open at all when i go into the game-bin area and try to even run it as an administrator.

edited : i also have the legitimate copy of the sims base game. is it possible that i've patched too far to use the cracked copies of expansions?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Feb 2016, 18:09

purrrista wrote:I have turned off my avast and windows firewall and nothing has changed. it still automatically opens origin when i click on the regular icon to play and won't open at all when i go into the game-bin area and try to even run it as an administrator.

edited : i also have the legitimate copy of the sims base game. is it possible that i've patched too far to use the cracked copies of expansions?

It is possible that you patched too far, yes. In which case you would need to un-install your Origin games and start afresh with the pirated base game from G4TW - and then Get to Work + Get together.

May I also ask though what Windows operating system you are running ? The thing is, if you happen to be running Windows 10, then turning off avast is generally a bad idea. Because then Windows Defender will come on automatically and start messing with the game files.

It's best to make sure to configure exclusions properly, in BOTH Windows Defender and avast. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top