Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Screen When Loading Neighborhood Window-Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Screen When Loading Neighborhood Window-Mode Empty Black Screen When Loading Neighborhood Window-Mode

Post by Guest Wed 02 Mar 2016, 23:54

I've done the Securom removal and using a No-CD.exe file to run The Sims 2. While running in Window-Mode the game starts up perfectly fine but when I choose my neighborhood to load into the screen turns completely black. I have to hit the Windows key to pull up the taskbar and then hit the peek at desktop button by the clock 2-3 times to minimize the game, which then I can maximize and play perfectly fine and normal. Only happens in Window-Mode and only happens with the No-CD.exe file. Full screen mode no problems at all. 

Any Suggestions? (besides playing in full screen)

Back to top Go down

Black Screen When Loading Neighborhood Window-Mode Empty Re: Black Screen When Loading Neighborhood Window-Mode

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Mar 2016, 18:56

Hello again,

I'm also using the pirated game (with a NoCD-file), but haven't noticed that particular issue. Does it make a difference for you, if you go into your in-game options and change the resolution/size of the window ? Or does that happen with all resolutions ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Black Screen When Loading Neighborhood Window-Mode Empty Re: Black Screen When Loading Neighborhood Window-Mode

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 00:14

Strangely I only have 2 resolutions available. I had more at one time so I have no idea why it's different now. However I have 1920x1080 which is my native resolution and then I have 1280x720. It happens in both resolutions.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:09

Summerbear5 wrote:Strangely I only have 2 resolutions available. I had more at one time so I have no idea why it's different now. However I have 1920x1080 which is my native resolution and then I have 1280x720. It happens in both resolutions.

If you really want to play in windowed mode, I'm afraid you will need to use the workaround that you initially mentioned (clicking on "peek to desktop"). I'll leave the topic open though, in case anybody has another idea.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 19:05

Thank you Carlos.

I noticed it only happening right after I removed securom. Before I used a No-CD.exe file simply because I didn't want to have to constantly mess with the disc. I never removed securom, however when I upgraded to Windows 10 I had to remove securom and that's when the black screen on Window Mode started happening.

It only happens right after the game loads and I select the neighborhood and it loads into the neighborhood but the whole screen is black. I've tried switching from one neighborhood to another and it doesn't happen seems perfectly fine. Very strange occurrence.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Mar 2016, 00:50

Summerbear5 wrote:Thank you Carlos.

I noticed it only happening right after I removed securom. Before I used a No-CD.exe file simply because I didn't want to have to constantly mess with the disc. I never removed securom, however when I upgraded to Windows 10 I had to remove securom and that's when the black screen on Window Mode started happening.

It only happens right after the game loads and I select the neighborhood and it loads into the neighborhood but the whole screen is black. I've tried switching from one neighborhood to another and it doesn't happen seems perfectly fine. Very strange occurrence.

I actually have SecuROM removed too, but I don't have the issue. scratch  Well, nice to see that older Sims games are also glitchy (sometimes). Very Happy  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top