Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't find TS3.exe file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't find TS3.exe file Empty Can't find TS3.exe file

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 12:58

Hi there,

I've downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection torrent and unzipped it. The installation guide for the base game tells me I need to drag and drop the TS3.exe file from the crack folder and replace it. Thing is: there is no such file there, only the update file, the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll file. 

I allowed my laptop to show hidden files and folders, but I still can't find the file I need. 

Have you got any idea what I can do next?

Thanks,
Giulia

Back to top Go down

Can't find TS3.exe file Empty Re: Can't find TS3.exe file

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:18

Giuliatje wrote:Hi there,

I've downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection torrent and unzipped it. The installation guide for the base game tells me I need to drag and drop the TS3.exe file from the crack folder and replace it. Thing is: there is no such file there, only the update file, the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll file. 

I allowed my laptop to show hidden files and folders, but I still can't find the file I need. 

Have you got any idea what I can do next?

Thanks,
Giulia

Hello again,

I don't have the torrent (and hence the install guide) at hand on the computer I am using right now, so I can't verify this. But if the guide really says "TS3.exe", then it's a small mistake. Of course you need to actually copy & paste the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll files, into the location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Keep in mind though that you will need to install at least one of the other expansions or stuffpacks for this to work; "just" having the base game is not enough here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top