Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappearing lots? Sims4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disappearing lots? Sims4 Empty Disappearing lots? Sims4

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 15:05

I know this has already been posted but I can't get it to work still.
It was working fine for days, I decided to make a new sim, I went to work with her at the police station, all was fine on day one, I've went for day two and the police station has disappeared.. I got invited to an event, I went and that lot disappeared too. Her house never disappears though, I built it myself, i dont know if that matters..
I have reloaded the game as suggested on a different thread and it has not worked, and I tried deleting localthumbcache.package and this did not work either..

What do I do? Do I have to delete the save? I had tried a different suggestion of making a new game to see if the bug was there on it and it wasn't.. If i delete the save will I get to keep my sim and her house in my gallery or is it all gone?

Thanks.. Lynn

Back to top Go down

Disappearing lots? Sims4 Empty Re: Disappearing lots? Sims4

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Mar 2016, 17:15

ilynn182 wrote:I know this has already been posted but I can't get it to work still.
It was working fine for days, I decided to make a new sim, I went to work with her at the police station, all was fine on day one, I've went for day two and the police station has disappeared.. I got invited to an event, I went and that lot disappeared too. Her house never disappears though, I built it myself, i dont know if that matters..
I have reloaded the game as suggested on a different thread and it has not worked, and I tried deleting localthumbcache.package and this did not work either..

What do I do? Do I have to delete the save? I had tried a different suggestion of making a new game to see if the bug was there on it and it wasn't.. If i delete the save will I get to keep my sim and her house in my gallery or is it all gone?

Thanks.. Lynn

Hello and welcome to the forum Lynn,

I can't say I ever experienced this error myself, but you could try having a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

Focus on the part about restoring older savefile versions. That's pretty much the best I can suggest here. You may lose some progress, but maybe you won't have to start all over. 

In general, it's a good idea to backup the saves very often. You can find them under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.

Good luck nonetheless !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 21:27

How do I backup save files? 

Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Apr 2016, 21:33

ilynn182 wrote:How do I backup save files? 

Lynn

I'm sorry for the late reply,  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

You can easily do that by navigating into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. COPY the subfolder "saves" there, and paste it into another location. For added security, you can even use a USB-flashdrive or an external drive for saving this backup. Whenever needed, just copy that backup-folder back into the appropriate savefile location - again, that is Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top