Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help for Sims 3 savegame after installing the all content package.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need help for Sims 3 savegame after installing the all content package. Empty I need help for Sims 3 savegame after installing the all content package.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2016, 22:23

i had sims 3 with expansion packs and i located mine on Sunlit Tides and i did alot of buildings, alot of stuff, basically alot of work worth hours, and i decided to install all expansion packs but it was unstable so i uninstalled it, and downloaded all collection of sims 3 and installed it, when i got onto the game, the savegame doesnt work it said "The save game cannot be loaded because the expansion pack or something it was installed on is not present" that wasnt exactly what it said but its kinda like that, the sunlit tides is worth 3000 simpoints now and i think thats the reason why i cant load onto my savegame, any way on how to fix this? I also just installed the Sunlit Tides from the downloads section of Games4theworld. i thought it would work but it still doesnt work. Any solutions or fixes or any tips at all

Edit 1:Also Sunlit tides was free when i first installed the deluxe edition of sims, due to some complications i uninstalled and installed the all collection package, and its not free anymore,it also costs sims points, is there any way i could get it and use my savegame again or i have to start a new one.

Back to top Go down

I need help for Sims 3 savegame after installing the all content package. Empty Re: I need help for Sims 3 savegame after installing the all content package.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:23

Hello,

If you got it back then, you should be able to redownload it from your Origin account. Or, see if you still have the original sims3pack you used to install it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

I need help for Sims 3 savegame after installing the all content package. Empty Re: I need help for Sims 3 savegame after installing the all content package.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 18:23

Idk where it was cause i had the deluxe edition cracked of sims 3 and sunlit tides was unlocked uninstalled it cause i want the complete collection but sunlit tides is not unlocked anymore, i installed sunlit tides right now as a package and the problem still persists

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 Apr 2016, 18:58

Look here:

I need help for Sims 3 savegame after installing the all content package. Screenshot3ba6

This is a screenshot from my own computer, but you should navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves. You should see the name of your savefile.

There are two versions of it. One has an ending named .backup. See the enclosed saves in the screenshot above as an example. What you now do is to move the "normal" folder elsewhere. Then you take the savefolder with the same name that has the .backup ending...you should now rename it and remove the .backup ending. That's essentially how you restore an earlier version of your savefile. You may lose some progress, but you may not need to start over completely.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 19:44

Didnt work, it still needs sunlit tides unlocked using sim points" any other fixes?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Apr 2016, 19:21

christian458 wrote:Didnt work, it still needs sunlit tides unlocked using sim points" any other fixes?

Sorry for the late reply, but if nothing works, you might want to check out this thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

Essentially, the procedure deletes all your installed .sims3ack files, and you will hence also need to re-install them at the end. It can be a tedious procedure, but this is unfortunately one of the disadvantages in using .sims3pack files, and also one of the reasons why most of my custom & store content is in .package file format.

Good luck nonetheless !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2016, 04:17

Didnt work, i tried it, still the same, i got an idea, what if there is something like a crack that involves unlock sunlit tides via simpoints or something

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Apr 2016, 18:42

christian458 wrote:Didnt work, i tried it, still the same, i got an idea, what if there is something like a crack that involves unlock sunlit tides via simpoints or something

There is no such crack.

If you cannot get it working, you may need to stat a new savefile. By now, I guess all your .sims3pack .DLC files have been installed correctly, but if the savegame does not detect them, I'm not sure what could be done.

Maybe your previously installed Sims 3 game worked a bit differently, hence you get the error.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top