Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway? Empty Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway?

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 20:53

is there anyway i can play the sims 4 with all dlc if i have the sims 4 in origin and can i use gallery in  any way maybe play the sims 4 with your torrented version and upload my creations in my sims 4 on origin?! thanks for replying  The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway? Empty Re: Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway?

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 21:43

Yes, it is possible but the slightest error may render your played games unaccessable.

step 1:
Install your Origin-bought game on an USB external drive, or drive D:. This can be achieved by changing the installation-folder in Origin

step 2
Install downloaded versions incl. expansions on your drive C:

Now you can play the game 2-ways
However, you must very carefully make use of 2 Sims 4 folders in Documents\Electronic arts
One for the original game and one for the downloaded game.
So each time you switch games you must rename the folder Sims 4 to either Sims 4_original or Sims 4_download and rename it Sims 4
Also bear in mind that stuff download from the Gallery not always compares with your downloaded version.
The easiest way would be if you are bi-lingual, f.e. Original game in English, downloaded game in Spanish as this will automatically create 2 different folders in my Documents\Electronic Arts.

Copy/paste items from the original game can sometime result in an eroor message that the game is no longer up-to-date and must be updated via Origin.

I have tried this method for a couple of weeks but had to remove and re-install many times due to errors in renaming folders and/or downloading material from the gallery that was not suitable for my game-version.

But, once again, it is possible (but not recomendable)

EDIT: On an original base-game you can of course install download expansions but:
1. Never let Origin update your game - all your expansions will get lost.
2. Don't use the Gallery, unless - see above.

Back to top Go down

Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway? Empty Re: Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Apr 2016, 23:03

Hello @adamzaid,

Essentially what @Tarac just described. And yes, you need to be careful with renaming the folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts. 

Personally, I suggest that if you have a second computer (or at least free access to it), that you install your legit Sims 4 game on there, and download what you like from the gallery there. You can then transfer the "Tray"-folder from that other computer, over to your own computer via a USB-flashdrive or something.

The method with using a second computer might be easier for the average user, but let's see. Smile  Good luck anyhow, and feel free to post back if anything is (still) unclear !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 23:17

thats a nice idea guys thanks  :sims:i am not sure if i am gonna use the gallery thought but in case

//EDIT

btw where is romantic stuff? we need that me included is it out yet in ultimate fix @carlos i ma in bed now so sorry for late replys Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway? 3479271199 Can I install the sims 4 dlc if i have the sims 4 on origin and can I use the gallery in anyway? 3479271199

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Apr 2016, 23:19

adamzaid wrote:thats a nice idea guys thanks  :sims:i am not sure if i am gonna use the gallery thought but in case

It used to be possible to access the gallery from within a pirated game too, if you had Origin open, and your Origin-account had a legit Sims 4 base game on it.

But yes, due to the server changes that EA implemented, that possibility was blocked too (EA are also reading up on the topics in this and similar forums). So we need to use workaround methods, for this to work.

//EDIT

And the DLC after Get to Work have not been cracked yet. Please refer to our announcement here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22375-a-notice-about-upcoming-updates-in-the-sims-4-please-read
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 07:50

thanks @carlos for awnsering my question its sad i was using the gallery in a pirated game a long time ago and i did not have the legit gameon my origin account but! there was a downfall all dlc is no there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top