Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you use your own origin account to connect to gallery in sims 4? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can you use your own origin account to connect to gallery in sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Can you use your own origin account to connect to gallery in sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 15:00

Hello, all I am wanting to do is connect to the gallery in the sims 4.  Is it possible to use my own account or should I make a new fake account? I got a few games in my origin account and do not want to be banned, since i have heard they have been taking a pro-active stance against piracy.

do i need the client, or can i create a new online account on the web and only log into that, instead of using a client which might kind of be dodgy?

//EDIT

I created a fake Origin account, and am online and connected to the origin service.
I launch the game and it shows me my username in the top right, i also go into settings so i can connect

then press my username and no matter how many times i press connect it asks me do i want to try again.
I am using the latest ultimate fix, and for some reason it just will not not connect to the gallery at all.

I presume I got to add sims 4 to the origin account? If I do this, will it not like delete a whole bunch of stuff, so making 
using the gallery a pointless endevour? I do not know how this actually works...any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Back to top Go down

Can you use your own origin account to connect to gallery in sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can you use your own origin account to connect to gallery in sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Feb 2015, 15:58

sylvantos wrote:Hello, all I am wanting to do is connect to the gallery in the sims 4.  Is it possible to use my own account or should I make a new fake account? I got a few games in my origin account and do not want to be banned, since i have heard they have been taking a pro-active stance against piracy.

do i need the client, or can i create a new online account on the web and only log into that, instead of using a client which might kind of be dodgy?

//EDIT

I created a fake Origin account, and am online and connected to the origin service.
I launch the game and it shows me my username in the top right, i also go into settings so i can connect

then press my username and no matter how many times i press connect it asks me do i want to try again.
I am using the latest ultimate fix, and for some reason it just will not not connect to the gallery at all.

I presume I got to add sims 4 to the origin account? If I do this, will it not like delete a whole bunch of stuff, so making 
using the gallery a pointless endevour? I do not know how this actually works...any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Hello again,

Can you try re-connecting later in the day again ? Also, are you basically able to surf the web while running The Sims 4 ? Try it: minimize the game TS4 while it's running and then try surfing the web with any browser.

One other thing: do not post your game issues in several different places please. Smile  Keep the discussion (on the same topic) in ONE thread only, if possible. I just deleted your other thread and copied the text here. 

It makes communication for all of us easier if everything (about one subject) is kept in one thread. And it also makes it easier for other people to read and follow topics.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can you use your own origin account to connect to gallery in sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can you use your own origin account to connect to gallery in sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 16:34

hello thank you for your response. I saw an older thread of yours i think, and in one of your responses you said what you did was download the create a sim and that seemed to work for you.  For some reason it also worked for me first time Smile
however i do not know if any of my data was removed. After i downloaded some things from the gallery, i immediately logged out of origin and then exited it. In game it said some features will not be available.

Not entirely what those features are, but the game seems to be running very smoothly on high or very settings, not had any problems at the moment. Just concerned maybe it deleted something?

I never added sims 4 to origin, so not sure how it knew how to connect in the first place my gallery.

thanks for your very quick reply and appreciate your help very much Smile

very sorry about making several posts of the same thing and posting them all over, was unsure where to post and did not want to get in to trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Feb 2015, 01:01

sylvantos wrote:hello thank you for your response. I saw an older thread of yours i think, and in one of your responses you said what you did was download the create a sim and that seemed to work for you.  For some reason it also worked for me first time Smile
however i do not know if any of my data was removed. After i downloaded some things from the gallery, i immediately logged out of origin and then exited it. In game it said some features will not be available.

Not entirely what those features are, but the game seems to be running very smoothly on high or very settings, not had any problems at the moment. Just concerned maybe it deleted something?

I never added sims 4 to origin, so not sure how it knew how to connect in the first place my gallery.

thanks for your very quick reply and appreciate your help very much Smile

very sorry about making several posts of the same thing and posting them all over, was unsure where to post and did not want to get in to trouble.

Look here again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

I think it was mentioend there that AFTER you download stuff from the gallery, you must exit the game and then also completely close Origin too. Did you do that ? Smile  Yes, if you enter a savegame while having Origin in the background, I heard that the DLC will be removed...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 16:40

i am not sure i did exit the game, i think i just went offline and exited origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:11

sylvantos wrote:i am not sure i did exit the game, i think i just went offline and exited origin.

Alright, then. Is everything working now in this respect ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:18

yes perfectly, was able to download from the gallery, even went to other website for sim mods Very Happy
thanks again!
I will also probably have to think about what i am going to do later...because i only got 30GB left on main drive. all downloads and stuff are going on d drive..but its left me really short.
I could send the sims 4 to d drive, but its the documents folder i am scared of screwing up.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top