Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Cannot change language from English [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4  - Cannot change language from English [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 - Cannot change language from English [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 18:52

Hello!
I've installed correctly TS4 on my computer setting the language on Italian and everything's fine, now I installed the game on my sister's pc to the latest DLC and even if it works just perfectly, I can't change the language from English to Italian. I tried everything, from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (both in 32bit and 64bit), from the Language Changer folder, from the RldOrigin.ini file (here when I try to save the corrected file a pop up appears saying "access failed". I really tried everything, running the game as administrator every time I try to change language, but nothing works.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4  - Cannot change language from English [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Cannot change language from English [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 18:58

Language must be changed via RldOrigin.ini.
When you have amended the file to italian and you cannot save the amended file, then:

1. Go to your installation folder Program Files\The Sims 4
2. Open the folder Game
3. Rightclick on folder Bin and select Properties
4. Remove the tick at Read-Only, click Apply and OK
5. Now save the amended file
6. Start the game as an Administrator.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4  - Cannot change language from English [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Cannot change language from English [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 20:51

I'm sorry, but I can't make it work. The tick at Read Only keeps appearing, so I can't amend that property; therefore I cannot amend and save the RldOrigin.ini file.
Isn't there another way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 14:44

stefymolly wrote:I'm sorry, but I can't make it work. The tick at Read Only keeps appearing, so I can't amend that property; therefore I cannot amend and save the RldOrigin.ini file.
Isn't there another way?
Hi,

You can save as the file and put it to Desktop instead. Then either ctrl + C and paste OR ctrl + V and paste to your Game\Bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 18:40

It worked! Thank you so much, you're the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Oct 2017, 13:17

stefymolly wrote:It worked! Thank you so much, you're the best!
Good job!
Feel free to open a new topic should you have any other questions/bugs in-game.
Till then, cheers and have fun!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top