Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1 Complete Collection "Insert Disk"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection "Insert Disk" Empty Sims 1 Complete Collection "Insert Disk"

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2016, 09:20

Hello, I know this has been a topic done to death on here, but after 2 hours of searching for an answer, I am still empty-handed.  I have tried to install the Complete Collection several times (each time cleanly uninstalling it and restarting) but to no avail.  Every time I try to install, I get past the Serial Code but as soon as I do, it tells me to insert disc one.  I've seen multiple answers on here telling people to watch the video, but it's apparently been taken down due to copyright reasons. So, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT:
I've tried running it as an Admin, in Compatibility Mode, I've tried moving the crack (even though since it hasn't installed yet, there was no file to replace), I've tried finding an ISO to mount, using a Virtual Machine running XP...  I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection "Insert Disk" Empty Re: Sims 1 Complete Collection "Insert Disk"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 May 2016, 20:54

RosieG6 wrote:Hello, I know this has been a topic done to death on here, but after 2 hours of searching for an answer, I am still empty-handed.  I have tried to install the Complete Collection several times (each time cleanly uninstalling it and restarting) but to no avail.  Every time I try to install, I get past the Serial Code but as soon as I do, it tells me to insert disc one.  I've seen multiple answers on here telling people to watch the video, but it's apparently been taken down due to copyright reasons. So, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT:
I've tried running it as an Admin, in Compatibility Mode, I've tried moving the crack (even though since it hasn't installed yet, there was no file to replace), I've tried finding an ISO to mount, using a Virtual Machine running XP...  I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Hello and welcome to the forum @RosieG6,

Did you extract the contents of the .RAR download-file, into a fresh folder ? Did you use the program WinRAR (available here) ? You must extract ALL contents of the .RAR file, into a fresh folder. Then re-start the installation from there.

Also make sure that the download has finished 100% in your torrent client (a lot of people overlook this, believe it or not).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection "Insert Disk" Empty Re: Sims 1 Complete Collection "Insert Disk"

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2016, 22:47

Yes, I did both of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 May 2016, 22:51

RosieG6 wrote:Yes, I did both of those.

I'm not sure what is happening on your end, but try this trick: if you have the torrent running under "seeding", right-click on it, in your torrent-client, and choose STOP. Now right-click again and choose "force re-check". And after the re-check is done, re-extract all contents of the .RAR again, into an empty folder.

If that still doesn't work, try re-downloading with a different torrent client, but at that point I can't suggest more I'm afraid.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top