Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 base game installation issues. (resolved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 base game installation issues. (resolved) Empty The Sims 3 base game installation issues. (resolved)

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 20:20

So I just downloaded the base game torrent and when I was unpacking the torrent, I get this error about the start disk saying "! C:\Users\Andrea\FrostWire\Torrent Data\The Sims 3.rar: CRC failed in The_Sims_3_StartDisk.iso. The file is corrupt"

In the file, it only gives me the disk 1 iso file, the crack, and the installation guide. It won't let me install without it. Help? Sad

Last edited by AndreaKidd on Thu 20 Oct 2011, 06:47; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 base game installation issues. (resolved) Empty Re: The Sims 3 base game installation issues. (resolved)

Post by Narong30 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 20:28

AndreaKidd wrote:So I just downloaded the base game torrent and when I was unpacking the torrent, I get this error about the start disk saying "! C:\Users\Andrea\FrostWire\Torrent Data\The Sims 3.rar: CRC failed in The_Sims_3_StartDisk.iso. The file is corrupt"

In the file, it only gives me the disk 1 iso file, the crack, and the installation guide. It won't let me install without it. Help? Sad

Hello,

What software are you using to extract it ?
Make sure you use WinRar.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 base game installation issues. (resolved) Empty Re: The Sims 3 base game installation issues. (resolved)

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 03:49

Yeah, I'm using winrar. I don't know why it's doing that.

//EDIT

So far, I have tried it over and over and over and I just keep getting the same thing. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 05:54

AndreaKidd wrote:So far, I have tried it over and over and over and I just keep getting the same thing. Sad

Have you try to delete the existing installation folder and re-extract back from .rar file? Still have same issue?
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 06:47

I did but I figured out the issue, My internet has been having issues lately. So when I thought it was fully finished, it wasn't exactly. So I let it fully finish and I have it now. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 06:49

AndreaKidd wrote:I did but I figured out the issue, My internet has been having issues lately. So when I thought it was fully finished, it wasn't exactly. So I let it fully finish and I have it now. Smile

Haha, Actually I'm going to suggest you to re-download the game. If you coming with the same error. By the way, what torrent client you're using? We suggest utorrent.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top