Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a little help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need a little help. [SOLVED] Empty Need a little help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 18:52

trying to find out how to download sims 3 seasons but i'm at a lost because this pops up

The_Sims_3_-_Seasons.rar.torrent

tried opening it up in winrar but that didn't work so how do i get this going

i feel so dumb right now  I is confused Why.

Last edited by DJpuppyandfriends on Sun 15 May 2016, 05:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Need a little help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Need a little help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 20:33

Try to open it with torrent client if you did't downloaded it. And sometimes G4TW torrents do't have proper file extension. So, after you downloaded file please reply how big it is or just right click on file and properties you shoud see file size so just reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 May 2016, 20:50

DJpuppyandfriends wrote:trying to find out how to download sims 3 seasons but i'm at a lost because this pops up

Hello and welcome to the forum first of all,

Feel free to download (and read) the guide on the basics of torrenting here, if you are new to this. Smile
https://goo.gl/UImMBQ

Feel free to post back if there are more questions after that.

simmer_tony wrote:Try to open it with torrent client if you did't downloaded it. And sometimes G4TW torrents do't have proper file extension. So, after you downloaded file please reply how big it is or just right click on file and properties you shoud see file size so just reply.

Which .torrent files don't have proper file extensions ? I noticed that a few .torrent file-links on the downloads page were broken, maybe they haven't been fixed yet. And if there are problems with the .torrent files themselves, you can still use the magnet links too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2016, 12:51

Thank you both for the help Very Happy I will see if I can get it going

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2016, 19:59

Carlos wrote:
DJpuppyandfriends wrote:trying to find out how to download sims 3 seasons but i'm at a lost because this pops up

Hello and welcome to the forum first of all,

Feel free to download (and read) the guide on the basics of torrenting here, if you are new to this. Smile
https://goo.gl/UImMBQ

Feel free to post back if there are more questions after that.

simmer_tony wrote:Try to open it with torrent client if you did't downloaded it. And sometimes G4TW torrents do't have proper file extension. So, after you downloaded file please reply how big it is or just right click on file and properties you shoud see file size so just reply.

Which .torrent files don't have proper file extensions ? I noticed that a few .torrent file-links on the downloads page were broken, maybe they haven't been fixed yet. And if there are problems with the .torrent files themselves, you can still use the magnet links too.
I mean when you download torrent from G4TW you can instead of .rar file just have blank file and then manually add .rar extensions. Just to clear missunderstanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 May 2016, 00:09

simmer_tony wrote:I mean when you download torrent from G4TW you can instead of .rar file just have blank file and then manually add .rar extensions. Just to clear missunderstanding.

Ah yes, that is usually caused either by the computer not knowing how to open the files, or WinRAR not being installed. Your first step is to make sure to actually install WinRAR. I would NOT add the .rar file extension manually, because the extension is already there, even though it may not be visible due to the folder/file settings in Windows (by default, file extensions of "known filetypes" are hidden and hence not displayed unless you change the setting).

Instead, right-click on any .RAR file and go to the properties, and under the "General"-tab then change the default program with which the file should be opened. Meaning, choose WinRAR.

DJpuppyandfriends wrote:Thank you both for the help Need a little help. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin I will see if I can get it going

Good luck and let us know how it goes ! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 05:36

thank you both i got it to work! I tip my fedora. Yess, aye lieeke! Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 May 2016, 11:26

Good to hear!
Feel free to drop by if you run into problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)