Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 and expansions Installation Help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 and expansions Installation Help. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 and expansions Installation Help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 22:59

Hi there.

I am having a little difficulty installing this game. I have so far downloaded The Sims 3, Ambitions, World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff and Town Life Stuff. I am in the process of downloading Generations, Late Night and Outdoor Living Stuff. All downloads are from yourselves and have been very good. My problem is that I have read so many install guides my head is spinning!! I am unsure how to install in the correct order to get the game to work. Please could someone walk me throught it in the simplest terms? I have tried twice following the guide in each download file but have been unsuccessful.

Your help is much appreciated as is your efforts to bring us these games!

Thanks in advance Jay

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 and expansions Installation Help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 and expansions Installation Help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:30

I have read this. I have just tried it as it says and all was working fine until i went to start the game and got an error which says

'Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)'

I am running windows 7 btw.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 and expansions Installation Help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 and expansions Installation Help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:40

okay so i just tried the launcher and it opened but told me an update was available. so i clicked ok for the update to begin and the launcher froze on me!!!! so i closed it down and tried to open the launcher again only to find an error saying the launcher cannot open while the game is being updated! arrgh my head is battered! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:43

jaylaw17 wrote:okay so i just tried the launcher and it opened but told me an update was available. so i clicked ok for the update to begin and the launcher froze on me!!!! so i closed it down and tried to open the launcher again only to find an error saying the launcher cannot open while the game is being updated! arrgh my head is battered! lol
Hello,

Please use this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v126-fix-updated
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 and expansions Installation Help. [SOLVED] Empty NEW PROBLEM

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 19:48

Ok so everything was working fine and dandy after the above issue was resolved. so now i have installed the generations and outdoor living expansions and reapplied the cracks correctly - my new problem is this - when i open the launcher all appears fine. I go to updates and hit refresh and it tells me im up to date. however when i go to start the game from the launcher it just freezes. what is confusing though is that if i browse to the TS3W.exe in the sims 3 bin folder the game starts and runs fine but without any of my custom content! help what have i done wrong? is there another update for the launcher? my launcher says its version 9.0.73.013001 if that helps. do i need to update it manually again and if so which update do i need?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Oct 2011, 09:47

Hello,
Make sure your custom content is compatible with your current patch.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 20:07

HUGE THANK YOU TO narong30 WHO JUST INSTALLED THE WHOLE LOT FOR ME AND GOT ME UP AND RUNNING SMOOTHLY!

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
That's great news! Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top