Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions.... Empty New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions....

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 19:59

Facepalm Help !!!! I have been PWND by The Sims!

So, allow me to lay this out for all of you... About 3 months ago, i downloaded ALL of The Sims 3 and its Expansions, BEFORE Pets came out, installed everything according to the installation order (not found on this site, but through EA I believe) and the Installation Guide via Late Night. Everything worked fine! That is, until my Awesome Mod, more or less became out dated. I downloaded the newer version of Awesome Mod and the associated Framework, followed the specific instructions and Sims 3 wouldn't play. That's not the problem...

I uninstalled The Sims 3 and all of the Expansions, deciding to start fresh. Boy, was THAT a bad idea! I tried the Installation Order method again, got to WA and the "cracks" wouldn't update the game, kept crashing for an unknown reason and giving an Error Reporting Dialog. Tried it the "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly" (games4t...d.bestgoo.com/t.....3-correctly) method and kept getting the same problem, of course trying WA first (just thought of that). So, I redownloaded, again, ALL of the Expansions and the Base Game (from games4theworld of course), got the Base Game, GEN, AMB, Pets, and LN to install no problem...

Actually let me back up a step... I installed the Base Game, tried installing TLS, got a "Setup needs to update the game. Click Ok to Update." dialog, clicked ok to update and the installer crashed. So I go into the Game Launcher and update it, I think it updated to version 8.04 something. I then tried to install TLS again, same problem, only this time I get a "Your game version is more current than this version. You will need to open the Launcher and update this expansion to the lastest version after installation." dialog, click ok and CRASH! I decide to proceed with the other expansions, seeing how they fare. Like I said, BG, GEN, AMB, LN, and PETS install no problem.

So here's my problem, every time I try to install one of the other Expansions, it gives me an;

"Error Number: 0x80040707
Description: DLL function Call Crashed: ISRT._WaitOnDialog

Setup will now terminate."

error. I get this error on HELS, OLS, FLS, and WA, on TLS I still receive the, "Your game version is more current than this version. You will need to open the Launcher and update this expansion to the lastest version after installation" dialog, crash, then Error Reporting. Oh, and then the installer freezes so I go into Task Manager and close it. The first time I tried installing FLS, it said the Product Key was invalid. I don't know how that could be or what's up with that, but I only got it the FIRST time I tried to install FLS. Now, it just gives me the error I described above.

I MISS THE SIMS 3 AND AM SUFFERING FROM WITHDRAWALS!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Edit: I have searched the forum with no prevail. Either I'm just blind, or this IS new.

Last edited by 5h4d0w_N1nja on Fri 18 Nov 2011, 20:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to metion i have searched the forum)

Back to top Go down

New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions.... Empty Re: New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions....

Post by Admin Fri 18 Nov 2011, 20:34

Hello,

Please try the following extraction method for the games that wouldn't install:

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!

As for the game that didn't want to update, I recommend you use this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v126-fix-manual-patch-updated
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions.... Empty Re: New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions....

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 23:43

Ok, so I had already opened and extracted the files with WinRar. Re-extract them? Then it should work?

Ok, I'll try updating that way. Oh, by the way, should I uninstall everything first?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 18 Nov 2011, 23:44

5h4d0w_N1nja wrote:Ok, so I had already opened and extracted the files with WinRar. Re-extract them? Then it should work?

Ok, I'll try updating that way. Oh, by the way, should I uninstall everything first?
Hello,

Be sure that you're really using WINRAR only, nothing else. Double-check that.
No, there's no need to uninstall anything prior to updating.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 23:52

Ok, thanks. I'll try what you suggested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 18 Nov 2011, 23:53

5h4d0w_N1nja wrote:Ok, thanks. I'll try what you suggested.
Hello,

Good, please let me know the result afterwards!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 18:07

Yeah.... Now I'm getting the; 0x80040707, DLL function Call Crashed : ISRT._WaitOnDialog, Setup Will now terminate, error on all the expansions I posted about (World Adventures, Town Life Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, and High End Loft Stuff). I went to update the game manually (finally got the patch downloaded (stupid ISP)) and it's already that version. AHHHH!!!! Help !! I'm going to try and uninstall everything and see where I get.... WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 22 Nov 2011, 18:42

5h4d0w_N1nja wrote:Yeah.... Now I'm getting the; 0x80040707, DLL function Call Crashed : ISRT._WaitOnDialog, Setup Will now terminate, error on all the expansions I posted about (World Adventures, Town Life Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, and High End Loft Stuff). I went to update the game manually (finally got the patch downloaded (stupid ISP)) and it's already that version. AHHHH!!!! New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions.... 2830496658 !! I'm going to try and uninstall everything and see where I get.... :/
Hello,

Ouch, that doesn't sound good at all. I think reinstallation is the best thing for now, yes.
Be sure to restart your PC after uninstalling everything and before reinstalling everything.
Also, don't forget to follow exactly these instructions during the installation: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck and please let me know if you need any assistance!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 22:05

Ok, I do have two questions with that guide, so don't use the cracks at all? What about changing the SKU to 2? I now that these questions technically should be going in the corresponding thread, but I don't have time for that right now. My apologies.

Also, I just thought this through... If it's giving me this error when trying to install the software, wouldn't that mean there's a problem with the installer or the files or the .dll file that keeps crashing? Just a thought, I know enough about computers to do small things, but that's something I don't quite understand. Thank you!!

//EDIT

I might have found the specific file... ISSetup.dll.... I suppose it
could be _Setup.dll or setup.isn or .inx too, or possibly even the .cfg
file.... idk :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 23 Nov 2011, 16:23

5h4d0w_N1nja wrote:Ok, I do have two questions with that guide, so don't use the cracks at all? What about changing the SKU to 2? I now that these questions technically should be going in the corresponding thread, but I don't have time for that right now. My apologies.

Also, I just thought this through... If it's giving me this error when trying to install the software, wouldn't that mean there's a problem with the installer or the files or the .dll file that keeps crashing? Just a thought, I know enough about computers to do small things, but that's something I don't quite understand. Thank you!!

//EDIT

I might have found the specific file... ISSetup.dll.... I suppose it
could be _Setup.dll or setup.isn or .inx too, or possibly even the .cfg
file.... idk :/
Hello,

No problem, please post all your problems in one thread.
Don't use the cracks, but do change the SKU to 2. (Since that has nothing to do with the gameplay)
When reinstalling, what error do you exactly get?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

New Installation errors for The Sims 3 and expansions.... Empty Back again....

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2012, 02:31

Alright... after tearing my hair out and becoming bald, lol no not really, I am back. I reinstalled my Windows OS (Windows XP SP3), and I got the base game to install just fine, but when I go to install the expansions, still using the install order posted by EA themselves, the next one after the Base Game is World Adventures.

I was reading the comments in the *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly thread and noticed that I DO need to let the EA Download Manager to install, BUT..... I then read the next post, by you Admin, saying I do not need to install the EA Download Manager. If so, how do I go about installing the Expansions? Which now give me a "Game needs to be updated. Click 'Ok' to update." message. Upon clicking "Ok" I receive a "Unable to update setup will now terminate" error. >>:-/

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!?!?!

Please, quick! Before I tear what hair I now have left out!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 05 Jun 2012, 07:57

Hello,

Well, you don't need EADM/Origin to patch, if you use this one instead, right after installing the base game. That'll bring your game all the way up to patch level 1.33 and you wont be getting those notifications about updating your game.

Incidentally, you don't have to install the expansions in release order. Thankfully, it's not like The Sims 2.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2012, 17:33

Thanks Lady ElDi! Actually, I started thinking to myself, what if I updated after installing the Base Game, then tried installing the rest of the Expansions?

It worked!!! I did think I was going to run into a problem when I started installing Outdoor Living Stuff, because it gave me a "Your version of Sims is more recent than this one and will need to be updated after installing." message (along with a few other Expansions). I disregarded those messages and continued installing the other Expansions, then re-updated (just in-case), and then proceeded with the Ultimate Fix and everything works perfectly! So far, that is... haven't gotten much play time as the installation was a long process (probably didn't help that I was also playing Skyrim at the time, LOL!) and didn't finish with that process until almost 3 in the morning!

I take that back, I do have one issue... The "Enable Aging" option in the "Options Menu" is greyed out. So my Sims are stuck living the boring, old 90 day life cycle. :'( Oh well I guess, 3 months is still a decent amount of time to live I suppose. I will update, after research without prevail first, with any other problems.

Thanks again BOTH Admin and Lady ElDi with your help and insight into this trouble-some matter.... ok, ok, ok... MAYBE I just need a new computer! HAHA! By the way, I LOVE G4TW!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 06 Jun 2012, 09:28

Hello,

At which point are you trying to change lifespan? I think you should be able to do it once you're in live mode, then go to options.

By the way I doubt you need a new computer, you're playing Skyrim, after all. I wish I could say the same, for the moment I'm stuck playing Oblivion until I can upgrade to a new pc Sad
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 20:17

Lol, allow me to correct my previous statement Lady ElDi, I was playing Skyrim on my X-Box 360. I wish I had a computer capable of running Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas, or any of the... better games they have now-a-days.... running a poor old 2.14 single core, with a nVidia 9600.

Anywho, back to your question, I was attempting to change the life span in the Options Menu before I started playing. Didn't think to check it once in Live Mode. I'll try that out.

Also, I stumbled upon fpslimit when I was grabbing Awesomemod... didn't have the SLIGHTEST idea that not only is there no V-sync, that the framerates get so high! Glad I have nVidia and use nTune...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 07 Jun 2012, 09:38

Hello,

Ah well your pc is still (slightly) better than mine Smile I'm on a single core 2 ghz, 1GB ram and Nvidia 7600 gs.
A word of advice about Awesomemod: While I'm sure it's an awesome mod (lol) it may cause problems on a low-end pc because it's rather processor intensive.
If you do run into in-game problems (severe lagging/freezing, game crashes) might I suggest having a look at Twallans selection: nraas.wikispaces.com.
You can get much of the same functions as with Awesomemod, but with fewer problems on the low-end pc. I'm using a number of their mods (including story progression) without problems.

I'm also running an fps limiter for TS3. Probably the one you stumbled upon yourself.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 20:13

Thanks Lady ElDi, I had looked into NRaas Technologies, as the site's called, and had downloaded it just wasn't sure what it did. Also didn't know about awesomemod. Thanks for the info! I do get lag and the random crashes, but I thought the lag was my computer (even though I also have another gig of RAMM more than you XP), and had no idea where the crashing was coming from... I do like the "autosave" feature of awesome, does NRaas have that do you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top