Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone please upload missing Mac files for Sims 3 Pets

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can someone please upload missing Mac files for Sims 3 Pets Empty Can someone please upload missing Mac files for Sims 3 Pets

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:21

I spend hours and hours and hours (it is SO slow) downloading the Sims 3 Pets only to find that the Mac support files have been removed. The .app is there but when I click it, it pops up for a second then disappears. Can someone please post the missing files on megaupload or something like that so Mac users can play the expansion?? This is extremely frustrating. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Can someone please upload missing Mac files for Sims 3 Pets Empty Re: Can someone please upload missing Mac files for Sims 3 Pets

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:24

hello what torrent you downloaded? pets (full) or pets fixed version?

Back to top Go down

Can someone please upload missing Mac files for Sims 3 Pets Empty Re: Can someone please upload missing Mac files for Sims 3 Pets

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:27

I downloaded the 'fixed version,' - does the 'full' version work better for mac?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:33

You gave an answer to my fears. Both versions are not good then for mac ... useless to continue downloading -.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:02

I had to give up. I decided to put it on windows partition because I was just running into problem after problem with it on my mac. Couldn't update the game, errors and bugs. Installing the whole thing over again stinks though Can someone please upload missing Mac files for Sims 3 Pets 2279017149

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:05

I'm currently playing on a mac...
There is nothing wrong with the torrents.
It works perfectly aside from the graphic glitches that come with the intel graphics card.

Did you remember to unzip it with Stuffit Expander?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:11

Is that it? I had been using UnRarX to unrar the file (the one I downloaded was in .rar format). If I use Stuffit Expander will it work then do yo think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:26

Yup, make sure you refer to https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly to make sure you properly install. After unzipping it you'll have to create a .dmg of the folder as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:35

Thanks a TON - I'm currently trying that. I'll let you know if it works. I downloaded my base game from RELOADED and it installed perfectly the first time so I didn't know about the way things worked from this team. I'll post back in a few once I've tried this. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:46

Exactly the same way I did it, so I can confirm that Reloaded base game and games4theworld expansions/stuff packs work perfectly together. Smile Hopefully all goes well for you too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 01:46

Alright, new problem. Clearly I'm missing something. I go to install after I've made the DMG, and it says, "Could not verify the integrity of the installer" and closes. What now?

EDIT: Hold on, the DMG didn't compress properly. I didn't realize I had a nested folder in there. I'm trying to make the DMG again to see what happens.

EDIT 2: UGH!! I have to download Generations or Town Life Stuff also??? This is taking forever. I hope it will be worth it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 06:13

Keep helping each other guys. Since the we do not own any MAC product. We really appreciate people that can help each other Smile It's nice to see. Keep it up!!!
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 15:03

OK, so substituting my last frustrated post for a more useful one, here's what I did. Maybe someone can catch my mistake(s).

Installed The Sims 3 base game, everything works (this was earlier in the month)

Downloaded The Sims 3 Pets and The Sims 3 TownLife Stuff (both by games4theworld)

UnRARed each using Stuffit Expander

Compressed both separately into .dmg files

Installed The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff successfully

Replaced the two files in the base game directory with the crack for the base game (in the Ultimate Fix rar)

Opened the game, now the launcher works and updates successfully

Close the launcher/game (the game works too, with TownLife Stuff)

Attempt to install Sims 3 Pets, fails due to the "version being unsupported and unable to update"

Go back, replace files in same directory with the "Town Life Stuff & Generations" files in the Fix

Attempt to install Pets again, fail, same reason

Go back, replace same two files with two files from crack that came with the Sims 3 Pets download.

Attempt to install Pets again, fail, same reason.

Reread instructions, become confused by Step 15:
15. You'll see two files. Do the following with these files: apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (!!!SO DO NOT COPY THE FILES TO THE EXPANSION'S INSTALLATION FOLDER, BUT THE BASE GAME'S INSTALLATION FOLDER INSTEAD!!!)

I think here is where I've made my mistake. It says to go to the directory from the 'alias' (or 'shortcut' in PC language) of the Sims 3: Town Life Stuff, but then I don't understand what I'm supposed to do in that directory because right after it says to go there, it says to ONLY put the cracks in the BASE GAME directory. What the hell? So why am I even supposed to go into the Town Life Stuff directories? I assume there's something I'm supposed to be doing in there that is causing this not to work.

THANKS EVERYONE!! Sorry for my impatience. I'd been going at it for 9 hours yesterday.

EDIT: I just looked at the version of the base game file, and discovered that it is NOT updated, even though the launcher says it is. SO I'm currently downloading the manual patch and seeing if that will work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 20 Oct 2011, 17:44

88eyeballz wrote:OK, so substituting my last frustrated post for a more useful one, here's what I did. Maybe someone can catch my mistake(s).

Installed The Sims 3 base game, everything works (this was earlier in the month)

Downloaded The Sims 3 Pets and The Sims 3 TownLife Stuff (both by games4theworld)

UnRARed each using Stuffit Expander

Compressed both separately into .dmg files

Installed The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff successfully

Replaced the two files in the base game directory with the crack for the base game (in the Ultimate Fix rar)

Opened the game, now the launcher works and updates successfully

Close the launcher/game (the game works too, with TownLife Stuff)

Attempt to install Sims 3 Pets, fails due to the "version being unsupported and unable to update"

Go back, replace files in same directory with the "Town Life Stuff & Generations" files in the Fix

Attempt to install Pets again, fail, same reason

Go back, replace same two files with two files from crack that came with the Sims 3 Pets download.

Attempt to install Pets again, fail, same reason.

Reread instructions, become confused by Step 15:
15. You'll see two files. Do the following with these files: apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (!!!SO DO NOT COPY THE FILES TO THE EXPANSION'S INSTALLATION FOLDER, BUT THE BASE GAME'S INSTALLATION FOLDER INSTEAD!!!)

I think here is where I've made my mistake. It says to go to the directory from the 'alias' (or 'shortcut' in PC language) of the Sims 3: Town Life Stuff, but then I don't understand what I'm supposed to do in that directory because right after it says to go there, it says to ONLY put the cracks in the BASE GAME directory. What the hell? So why am I even supposed to go into the Town Life Stuff directories? I assume there's something I'm supposed to be doing in there that is causing this not to work.

THANKS EVERYONE!! Sorry for my impatience. I'd been going at it for 9 hours yesterday.

EDIT: I just looked at the version of the base game file, and discovered that it is NOT updated, even though the launcher says it is. SO I'm currently downloading the manual patch and seeing if that will work.
Hello,

Please let us know the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 19:08

I found the solution : ) at last.. it works.

I downloaded the mac manual patch for The Sims 3 from this site: www.ggmania.com/?smsid=27400 (replace the dots with . of course - i can't post links until this account is a week old) and installed it, then placed the crack for The Sims 3 Pets in the proper place in the base game directory, and now it works, smooth sailing. I'm not sure why the launcher said the game was updated before, when it wasn't, but the patch solved that problem.

So, to break it down, here's how to make it all work:

1. Download the base game, The Sims 3

2. Unrar using Stuffit Expander only, and make .dmg from the folder

3. Open and install, follow enclosed instructions

4. Download The Sims 3 Pets expansion

5. Unrar using Stuffit Expander only, and make .dmg from the folder

6. Download the mac patch to the latest version of the base game from here www.ggmania.com/?smsid=27400 (the patch was released in 2009, don't be surprised)

7. Patch The Sims 3

8. Install The Sims 3 Pets from the .dmg you made; follow enclosed instructions

9. Put crack files in proper directory (Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3. Click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/)

10. Play the game.

11. If you still have problems, download the Sims 3 Ultimate Fix, then you must download either Generations or Town Life Stuff expansions from games4theworld, and follow all instructions. The only instruction you skip is the one regarding updating the game through the launcher--you have already updated it through the patch.

I'd like to thank you ALL for all your help. Happy playing!

Admin edit: Link fixed. Wink

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 20:34

when I try to download the manual patch and apply it to my sims app like it says I get an error that comes up and says you cannot apply this patch on this version of the application. I downloaded it from that patch site the one that says: Download US/northamerican CD/DVD patch 1.27.5 for Macintosh (878MB).

Is that the right one to download or am I missing something? Also I am applying it to the main sims game icon not the exp's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 23:55

I used the Worldwide version - sorry, I should have clarified that. You're doing it right by applying it to the base game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 06:44

Ok question what files do I put in to make a dmg?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 18:58

You can do it using Disk Utility - you need to make the .dmg out of ALL the files that have been unRARed. Usually if you use Stuffit Expander it puts them in a separate folder. Just create a .dmg out of that folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 15:55

88eyeballz, I tried reinstalling pets following the steps you posted, even reinstalled generations and town life stuff but my game still either crashes or freezes after playing for a few minutes. Is your game running smoothly? I'm desperate, I've reinstalled 3x already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 17:28

My game runs perfectly smoothly, despite some minor glitching here and there. Sorry to hear about yours Sad What version of the file did you download? The 'full' version or the 'fixed' version? I used the 'fixed' version. What type of computer are you running? I'm running a Macbook Pro OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with a 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and I have 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (Not entirely sure what that is, lol). Not sure if this has anything to do with anything. However I have a suspicion that this game might not work too well with OS Lion, since the OS still has a lot of bugs in it. Not sure though. Have you updated your video card drivers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 18:55

I'm using the fixed version of pets. I don't understand, I had no problems with G4TW's release of Generations and Town Life Stuff. I'm able to play for a few minutes but whenever there are horses involved, the game freezes. Maybe it's just random but that's what I noticed. I can create cats and dogs on CAP but not horses. I can't go to the equestrian center because the game freezes.

I'm using Macbook OS X Leopard 10.5.8 with 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 ram, video card is NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. I've completely uninstalled Pets. Sad This is so frustrating. I want to play pets so badly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 20:38

Hmmm. I would try updating your video card drivers. It sounds like its a graphics thing, getting overloaded somehow. NVIDIA has updates available on their site here: www[dot]nvidia[dot]com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html (I picked out the one for your card, etc.) . I'm still a new member so I can't post links, but just replace the [dots] with . obviously. It looks like it has some fixes for various crashing things, etc. Download and install, then install Pets and everything like you did before to get it to work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 21:14

Thanks for the link. I'll try doing that. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 23:36

I can't update my video card drivers using nvidia quadro. It says that it's not compatible with the system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top