Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Empty Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game?

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2016, 01:00

Please help, i installed sims4 base game on my mac using the wineskin winery method and it works but i want to install both expansions and i don't know how please help

Back to top Go down

Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Empty Re: Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game?

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2016, 19:59

Has anyone found out how to do this? Is it possible to install the expansion packs using WINE the same way you do the base game? My base game is currently working fine and I dont want to install expansions and then ruin the crack. Please help if you can, Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Empty Re: Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 15 Jun 2016, 20:15

Hello,

Unfortunately, we don't provide official support for TS4 on Mac, basically because we're all on Windows, with the exception of one. 
But see if this helps at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2016, 20:49

I am aware you do not provide official support for mac Sad I have just used the guide you linked to to install my base game and it worked great but unfortunately it doesn't detail how to install expansions. If any fellow community members have had success installing expansions using WINE please let me know Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 15 Jun 2016, 21:00

I'm not sure, but let's try to summon one Razz
@night_lights

Might be a couple of days before she can answer.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 17:30

Thank you for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Thu 23 Jun 2016, 06:38

Sorry for the late reply, being caught up with school.

At the end of the guide on how to install the base game, it has a guide on how to install DLC.
(this guide)

wataru2 wrote:Applying DLC + Addons:
This method applies for any DLC, Addons, Updates.

Before applying anything, Please check the following:

a) Does the download come with any type of setup.exe? If yes, go to 1a). If not, proceed to b).
b) Does the download come with multiple folders with NO .exe? If yes, go to 2a). If not you need to screenshot what exactly is in the download.
Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Screen24 This is an example of no .exe. (Keep in mind, setup.exe appears usually in first folder)

Use the Wrapper you made for TS4. It should be an application that contains all your TS4 files.
1a) Right-click wrapper (TS4 Wrapper/Application) – Show package content
1b) Double-Click Wineskin
1c) Choose Install Software –> Choose Setup Executable.
1d) Locate your DLC/Addon setup.exe (may be named something else but simply locate .exe file).
1e) Install the DLC/Addon through setup and complete.
1f) Wrapper may pop-up with "No executable found". Which is fine as long as TS4.exe is selected.
1g) Close Wine and proceed to 3a).

=================================
2a) Right-click wrapper – Show package content
2b) There will be a shortcut drive c:/, double click inside.
Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Screen11
2c) drive c:/Program Files/The Sims 4
       2d.01) (This part is a bit tedious OR NOT)
2d) Here is the 'directory' of the game.
Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Screen14
2e) Leave the directory open. Press Command + N to open a new finders window.
2f) Locate the downloaded files and have two finders window side by side.
       2f.01) "hold down the Option key as you drag-and-drop a folder into the same location." - It will give an option to merge files. *Please note this isn't really the best method as sometimes Mac doesn't do so good in merging. But if you think it's manageable then go ahead*.
2g) *This part is important* You MUST copy and paste all the files WITHIN the folder to the corresponding folder(e.g. EP01 -> EP01, GP01 -> GP01). Because Mac has NO Copy and Merge folders.
2h) ALWAYS CHECK WITHIN FOLDERS FOR FILES or else you may replace important files if you just copy and replace every folder. **You may get start up errors if you replace a folder with the base game files.
Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Screen25 (noticed here I did not copy the folder, but only the files to guarantee I won't miss important files within that folder.)

2i) After a long tedious copy and pasting into the right folders, proceed to 3a).

=================================
This part I've tested and succeeded to allow DLC/Addons to be added up to 4-5 gameplays:
3a) Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy.
3b) Click on Firewall tab -> Unlock at left bottom to allow changes.
3c) Turn on Firewall and Close.
3d) Run TS4, and quickly block any connection trying to come through (including Wine).
3e) Enjoy!

wataru2 wrote:You drop the files into specific folders. Say you have EP01 files, you open that folder and drop all files into it (Copy and Replace All). You should remember to ALWAYS check each folder to make sure you don't overwrite an entire folder with the vanilla game files.

Last edited by night_lights on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:54; edited 1 time in total
night_lights
night_lights
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2016, 18:59

I copied and pasted all the expansion pack files into my Sims 4 directory and I'm now getting this error. Any ideas? Obviously I can't update the game via origin bc it's cracked.
Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Screen14

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:40

EDIT//
I think the quickest way to fix this problem is to delete "gameversion.txt" in Documents>The Sims 4
I just found a topic that discusses your problem (although it's for windows it may be of some help to you)
If the above method doesn't work, try using the methods in this post here.

---
IF NONE OF THE ABOVE METHODS WORK, TRY USING THESE ONES:

If you have Origin and you have no use for it, honestly I would delete it. It may mess with your game.

Also make sure you have done the following step:
Go to Applications > Right click "The Sims 4" wine package that you made > Click "Show Package Contents" > Click "Drive_c" > Click "Program Files".
Then it should have the 4 following folders; Common files, Internet Explorer, Origin and The Sims 4.
If it has "Electronic Arts" instead of "The Sims 4", go into the electronic arts folder and drag the sims 4 folder into Program files. There should be nothing in the Electronic Arts folder now, so just delete it. Now try again and tell me if it works.
Best of luck Smile
night_lights
night_lights
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jul 2016, 21:16

I have deleted the gameversion.txt and then game then began to load, however I am now getting an "Origin not running" error I is confused. I've tried installing the newest fix but am stuck on section 3 of the installation guide. How on a mac do you run the vcredist_x86.exe” and “vcredist_x64.exe” exe files? I've tried running them using wine but it either says "No new executables found!" or running and then wine pops up saying "setup.exe has encountered a serious error and needs to close". 

I think if I manage to apply the newest fix my game might work i'm just a bit confused at the moment. (For the record i've moved my Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder and have deleted Origin from my computer also) Thank you for all your help so far  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jul 2016, 21:54

Try following this guide even if it is written for Windows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jul 2016, 22:28

Thank you for the link, however I am no longer having that problem. The error message I am now receiving looks like this:
 Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Screen15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jul 2016, 22:34

Well,
now read this post. Also, read other users replyies and opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Mon 04 Jul 2016, 09:54

@xashlee use the links @simmer_tony has given you, even if they are for windows. I remember using some of those guides when I encountered problems on my mac and they always worked. You probably already know, but for us instead of C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, we have to go:
Applications > The Sims 4 (the package you made) > Right click it, and press "show package contents" > drive_c > Program files > The Sims 4

Also, if this ever pops up, just leave it because the game will start up. Just ignore it.
Installed Sims4 base game using Winery, how i install expansions game? Screen11
night_lights
night_lights
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top