Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My computer shuts down while playing the SIMS 4 - HELPPPPP! (SOLVED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My computer shuts down while playing the SIMS 4 - HELPPPPP! (SOLVED) Empty My computer shuts down while playing the SIMS 4 - HELPPPPP! (SOLVED)

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2016, 21:16

My computer completely shuts down while playing the sims 4 about 15 minutes into gameplay. Help me please!

Last edited by angel4unonlyu on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 16:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

My computer shuts down while playing the SIMS 4 - HELPPPPP! (SOLVED) Empty Re: My computer shuts down while playing the SIMS 4 - HELPPPPP! (SOLVED)

Post by Layloria Sun 05 Jun 2016, 21:54

Hello,

When it shuts down, does it go black and then turn off? Or does the system say logging off/shutting down? Or does it turn off right there and then?

Also are you using a laptop? Or a tower/case computer/mac? If so please provide your specs which can be found by going to Your Files > Computer >Right click you c:\ drive and click Properties/System Properties.

Was there a time Sims 4 worked or has it always done this?

Sorry for the multiple questions but answering them should help get your issue solved quicker.

Thank you,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

My computer shuts down while playing the SIMS 4 - HELPPPPP! (SOLVED) Empty Re: My computer shuts down while playing the SIMS 4 - HELPPPPP! (SOLVED)

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2016, 02:26

Hey Layloria, 

See the info below... I hope it helps

It just shuts down( no logging off no turning black)... My sims 4 works  and its a case computer

AMD A8-5500 APU with Raedeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.20ghz
4GB Ram
64 Bit Operating System x64 based processor

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Mon 06 Jun 2016, 02:58

Hello,

So the system just turns off including the fan and it all goes quiet...
If this is the case it does sound a like an overheating problem where the computer completely switches off fan/noise included to avoid any damage. Tell me what settings you have Sims 4 on? High Medium Low? Try Sims 4 on absolute minimal settings including Laptop mode.

Also can you go to Device Manager and check under Display adapters and tell me your Graphics Card model?
You can find Device Manager by opening Run and typing devmgmt.msc

Or if you have Windows 8/10, search Device Manager.

My computer shuts down while playing the SIMS 4 - HELPPPPP! (SOLVED) Device-Manager-Open

Go Under Display Adapters. I have heard there are 2 models and potentially the 7750 may struggle with Sims 4.

Thanks
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2016, 16:22

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2016, 18:17

Always curious HOW it was solved !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 05:52

Ran the game on lower specs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2016, 04:48

i'm 100% sure this issue was caused by the apu. i was looking at the performance of it, and it sounds like it really can't handle games. if you want to play games and enjoy the quality, i'd recommend buying a CPU and GPU rather than an apu. or just buying a better computer. i have a desktop and i can run games like fallout 4 on ultra with no lagging or overheating. they can be expensive, but from my experience, it's 100% worth it.  but that's just my opinion on the matter.
can you download speccy and look at what the temps are when you run the sims 4? if it runs at a high temp it can cause damage to your computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top