Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer shuts down by itself while playing Sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Computer shuts down by itself while playing Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Computer shuts down by itself while playing Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 16:17

Hello! Good Day!
May you please help me with my problem?
Everytime I load a save file in The Sims 3, my PC shuts down by itself before the save file finishes loading! It always shut down by itself if the save file is loading halfway to finishing! This problem doesn't happen in my other games which are GTA 4, SimCity Societies, Civilization 5, Prototype, Darksiders 2, and Assassin's Creed! Only in Sims 3! This problem doesn't even happen in my old laptop even though it is not too high end compared to my current PC.

Here are the Expansion and Stuff Packs I have installed:
World Adventures
High End Loft
Ambitions
Late Night
Generations
Pets
Master Suite
Showtime
Diesel
Seasons

Current Patch is 1.42

Here are my PC's specs:
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00 GHz
RAM : 3 GB
Graphics Card : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Remaining Space in Hard Disk : 751 GB

Hoping for your answer.

Back to top Go down

Computer shuts down by itself while playing Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Computer shuts down by itself while playing Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Thu 14 Feb 2013, 22:04

Are you using any mods/cc?

Does the game load fine on a new game?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Computer shuts down by itself while playing Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Computer shuts down by itself while playing Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:40

Yes I use mods and CC. Well, the game loads fine on a new game when you choose EA made worlds (Sunset V, Bridgeport, Riverview, etc.). That save game was saved on a very large custom made world that I downloaded.

Another question, is my RAM to low for that many expansions? Because I'll add more expansions and stuff packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:04

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
No, 3GB RAM should be enough for The Sims 3. (Though there's never a harm in adding more to improve overall PC performance - especially on a 64-bit system)

Try backing up and removing all your Mods and Custom Content first. Then test the game again and let us know the result, please.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 17 Feb 2013, 18:10

I'd also recommend following the instructions here : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly : to update your game.

So do saves in other towns work fine then, and it's just the one in the large custom world not loading?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 18:51

@Admin

Hello!

Sorry for the late reply also! I did it and it worked fine! It does not shut down anymore! Thanks! Smile

//EDIT

@invalidusername

Yes only that world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:57

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply (again)!
So is your problem solved now?
If yes, is there anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:47

Hello!
Yes my problem is solved now! Thank You Very Much! I just re-installed the CC, removed some mods, and I deleted that large world! Now it works fine! Thank You Very Much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:11

Hello,

You're always welcome!
Glad to hear everything is working fine now.
Enjoy playing your game and never hesitate to contact us if you need more assistance! Computer shuts down by itself while playing Sims 3. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top