Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moodlet Problem? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moodlet Problem? [SOLVED] Empty Moodlet Problem? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016, 21:53

Recently I have cleaned out my CC due to a CAS issue (which I fixed myself, thankfully), hoping it would fix the problem I am posting about today. This issue is that my Sims' moods have been sticking; an example would be my Sim getting Flirty from watching the romance channel, but after the moodlet for the TV is gone, she's still flirty. This is only 'fixed' by typing in the cheat "Sims.remove_all_buffs" and wiping their mood buff, along with ALL moodlets unless my Sim is Fine, Uncomfortable, or Happy. Another issue that is related to this is that my Sim doesn't get uncomfortable when she's tired, but Dazed instead. I'm 99% sure these aren't caused by my CC, because I have disabled my regular AND script mods to see if my Sims' moods would regulate, though the problems persist. I have looked high and low on this lovely forum for any sort of answer, though I would not find any topic with these problems or anything close to them. And of all the months of using G4TW's Sims 4, I haven't had these problems. If there is anything I can do to solve this problem, it would be amazing, because I'm very tired of wiping all of my Sims' moodlets every time they change mood.

Back to top Go down

Moodlet Problem? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Moodlet Problem? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016, 22:31

When you have that issue, try hovering over sim emotion and see when it expires. Maybe somewhere near sim is moodlet affected item, like light plumbobs, pictures... Try travelling somwhere and see if problem still persists. Also, well known problem is cache so try deleting it using this guide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016, 22:50

simmer_tony wrote:When you have that issue, try hovering over sim emotion and see when it expires. Maybe somewhere near sim is moodlet affected item, like light plumbobs, pictures... Try travelling somwhere and see if problem still persists. Also, well known problem is cache so try deleting it using this guide.

Thank you for replying, but unfortunately, this did not work. Here are some examples of what I am dealing with:

Moodlet Problem? [SOLVED] Cd10Moodlet Problem? [SOLVED] Untitl10

As you can see, my sims have nothing but Happy moodlets influencing their moods, yet the first is still Dazed and the second is still Flirty. I know there are no items making this happen, and it is very clear that this isn't something that is supposed to happen normally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016, 23:22

Hi, i think you are using this mod: The Sims 4 Mod: Lingering Emotions by Zerbu.

Aleast that this mod make, give one +3 invisible moodlet so even if had happy moodlets or other you will keep the original until defeat the moodlet. I cant explain better because i not english native speaker.

From original mod page:

Does your Sims’ emotions change every few seconds? Well, thanks to Lingering Emotions, you no longer have to deal with that. It also makes a few other improvements to emotions.

• When a Sim enters an emotion, Lingering Emotions assigns a hidden Moodlet (+2 for positive emotions, +3 for negative emotions). Therefore, it will require multiple points in another emotion before the Sim changes, not just one.
  • The amount of points required to enter the “Very” stage of emotions has been increased to accommodate this change.
  • Lingering Emotions also makes it so that “Uncomfortable” boosts other negative emotions, which was a mod I made a long time ago, but since the two share resources, I merged the effect with this one.
  • “Tired”, “Exhaused” and “Ravenous” now give the “Dazed” emotion,
  • “Needs Amusement” and “Desperate for Fun” now give the “Bored” emotion.

I cant post the link to original mod becuase forum rules but you can google it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016, 23:28

edespino3 wrote:Hi, i think you are using this mod: The Sims 4 Mod: Lingering Emotions by Zerbu.

Aleast that this mod make, give one +3 invisible moodlet so even if had happy moodlets or other you will keep the original until defeat the moodlet. I cant explain better because i not english native speaker.

From original mod page:

Does your Sims’ emotions change every few seconds? Well, thanks to Lingering Emotions, you no longer have to deal with that. It also makes a few other improvements to emotions.

• When a Sim enters an emotion, Lingering Emotions assigns a hidden Moodlet (+2 for positive emotions, +3 for negative emotions). Therefore, it will require multiple points in another emotion before the Sim changes, not just one.
  • The amount of points required to enter the “Very” stage of emotions has been increased to accommodate this change.
  • Lingering Emotions also makes it so that “Uncomfortable” boosts other negative emotions, which was a mod I made a long time ago, but since the two share resources, I merged the effect with this one.
  • “Tired”, “Exhaused” and “Ravenous” now give the “Dazed” emotion,
  • “Needs Amusement” and “Desperate for Fun” now give the “Bored” emotion.

I cant post the link to original mod becuase forum rules but you can google it.

I don't ever remember downloading this mod, but that was it! Thank you so much! Everything is back to normal now.  Mystery solved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016, 23:34

Your welcome, i am happy help. I use it and i like it, could be annoying sometime but worth it.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again @Pyrocrastinate if you need more support. Smile

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top