Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious problem with the ultimate fix and my SSD.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious problem with the ultimate fix and my SSD. Empty Serious problem with the ultimate fix and my SSD.

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 13:04

Hi!
My computer seem to have a serious problem since I tried to install the sims 3 (base game from the Complete collection winrar file) and the fix, yesterday. I have a ssd (i put my programs in it) and an hdd (to keep and stock everything else). Since I did this with the base game and fix, my ssd was suddenly very very full. Unreasonnably, not normally full, even with this new program. So I uninstalled the game... and it didn't solved anything. On the contrary, it keeps weighting and the ssd is now near to be completelly full. Could it be the fix (if so, how can I uninstall it?) My computer is branding new (two weeks, a new born, really!) and I intended it for game and heem.. work.
Could it be some corrupt uninstalling, or the remaining of the fix?
(Anyway, I thanks you for this forum and your general kindness: I know and love the place for years now!)

Back to top Go down

Serious problem with the ultimate fix and my SSD. Empty Re: Serious problem with the ultimate fix and my SSD.

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 13:12

Hi there, @orlandoLaCorneilleVery Happy

I don't see why the Ultimate Fix could be doing something like that. The Sims 3 and its expansion packs are quite heavy, though. 

What you can do to be completely sure is download a program like Wiztree or WinDirStat, and scan the SSD. It will tell you exactly what is occupying the space. 

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Serious problem with the ultimate fix and my SSD. Empty Re: Serious problem with the ultimate fix and my SSD.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jun 2016, 13:15

orlandoLaCorneille wrote:Hi!
My computer seem to have a serious problem since I tried to install the sims 3 (base game from the Complete collection winrar file) and the fix, yesterday. I have a ssd (i put my programs in it) and an hdd (to keep and stock everything else). Since I did this with the base game and fix, my ssd was suddenly very very full. Unreasonnably, not normally full, even with this new program. So I uninstalled the game... and it didn't solved anything. On the contrary, it keeps weighting and the ssd is now near to be completelly full. Could it be the fix (if so, how can I uninstall it?) My computer is branding new (two weeks, a new born, really!) and I intended it for game and heem.. work.
Could it be some corrupt uninstalling, or the remaining of the fix?
(Anyway, I thanks you for this forum and your general kindness: I know and love the place for years now!)

//MOVED

Hello,

I moved your post to the correct section. Smile  What is the overall storage capacity of your SSD ? And did you by chance install the whole "Complete Collection" of The Sims 3 ?

Because if you try using the Complete Collection, then keep in mind that you need to extract ALL contents of that 27GB .RAR file, into a fresh folder in order to start installing from there.

I'm not sure about the exact size of the extracted items in the Complete Collection, but it should be more than the 27GB of the actual .RAR.

Or did you already finish installing ? If so, you can delete the folders from which you installed too.

//EDIT

Even if you are extracting/running the installation from your HDD, keep in mind that the actual installation of the game and expansions will also take a lot of space...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 13:51

My ssd is a 120.  With only the basics program + whole adobe suite in it.
For now, I did uninstall the game : I need to see some clean space on my computer, after this frightening episode Smile
But I will try to install and run from hdd this week end. And proceed the way you suggest (deleting the folders after install)
Then, I will cross my fingers and hope everything should work! After all, my previous computer wasn't so big an was able to run all the expansions of this damned game (with the usuals crashes, bugs and constant mods or instabillity problems, but, well it's The Sims 3 Smile )
Once more thanks a lot! You have been more than useful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top