Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White floor glitch in The Sims 4. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

White floor glitch in The Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty White floor glitch in The Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by night_lights Tue 28 Jun 2016, 17:33

//EDIT
I messed around with the files a lot. I'm not sure what I did, but i'm pretty sure that this is what fixed it for me:
 I wiped all the folders in The Sims 4 folder and then re-applied the newest fix and then put these files from my old game back in The Sims 4 folder, clientDB.package, config.log, GameVersion.txt, options.ini, UserSetting.ini & UserData.lock.

--
I pressed Command + Q to quickly exit the game, when I was playing The Sims 4 which forced it to quit, but then when I tried to play it later on, the floors were white in every single house/building. In build/buy mode you can't place objects on this white floor.

I've got all the latest cracks, DLCs, updates and what not, and it was working before this.
I've tried starting a fresh game by wiping all my files in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, but with no luck.
I've tried removing the Get Together Hotfix and replacing those files with the Ultimate Fix files but that didn't work either. Anyone have any solutions?

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 18:07; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed)
night_lights
night_lights
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2

Female

Back to top Go down

White floor glitch in The Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: White floor glitch in The Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Jun 2016, 18:23

night_lights wrote:I was showing my friend something, in class on TS4, and you know how you can "Command + Q" to quickly quit a program. Yeah, well I did that whilst using TS4 because it was time for lunch and I couldn't be bothered waiting for it to properly close so I pressed command + q. Anyway, it was working fine before that, the latest cracks and what not. But after I tried playing it, every time I make a room the floor is white and you can't place things on top of the floor. Basically ALL of the floors are white in every single house/building.

I've tried removing the Get Together Hotfix, and replacing those files with the Ultimate Fix files but that didn't work.
I have a feeling I may have to reinstall the game again, but that would be so annoying because for some reason when saved the Get Together expansion pack on my external hard drive as a back up, it got deleted from there, and so I would have to re-download the EP and it takes forever..

Anyway, if any of you have encountered the same problem and/or found a way to fix it, I would greatly appreciate the help Smile

Tried a temporary fresh savefile ? Smile  ---> That's of course not an "acceptable" solution, even if it really works, but this game is even weirder in its glitches than The Sims 3, with the difference that the in-game contents are marginal, compared to earlier titles...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

White floor glitch in The Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: White floor glitch in The Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by night_lights Thu 30 Jun 2016, 13:03

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tried a temporary fresh savefile ? Smile  ---> That's of course not an "acceptable" solution, even if it really works, but this game is even weirder in its glitches than The Sims 3, with the difference that the in-game contents are marginal, compared to earlier titles...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Ah, forgot to mention I've already done that sorry, but thanks for at least replying aha..
I've also tried starting a fresh game with no files from my last game but that didn't work either. I thought it was my graphics but then, it never used to do this so I don't know lol..
And yeah I agree with the glitches been weird..  Specially with the llama one  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd That was so random, where did the llama even come from  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
night_lights
night_lights
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jul 2016, 21:29

night_lights wrote:
Ah, forgot to mention I've already done that sorry, but thanks for at least replying aha..
I've also tried starting a fresh game with no files from my last game but that didn't work either. I thought it was my graphics but then, it never used to do this so I don't know lol..
And yeah I agree with the glitches been weird..  Specially with the llama one  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd That was so random, where did the llama even come from  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Since I'm not a Mac expert, I can't really explain why the game isn't working anymore. Just exiting the game (even forcefully) should not tamper with anything, but of course, that may just be a "peculiarity" with WINE/Mac OS.

One thing you should get used to (if at all possible): try saving up or getting hold of an external hard-drive or something, on which you keep all your downloaded games, software, music, videos and whatnot. That way you don't need to re-download the stuff, when needed. Just plug in that external drive and off you go ! 

Idea Like a Star @ heaven alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Sat 02 Jul 2016, 17:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Since I'm not a Mac expert, I can't really explain why the game isn't working anymore. Just exiting the game (even forcefully) should not tamper with anything, but of course, that may just be a "peculiarity" with WINE/Mac OS.

One thing you should get used to (if at all possible): try saving up or getting hold of an external hard-drive or something, on which you keep all your downloaded games, software, music, videos and whatnot. That way you don't need to re-download the stuff, when needed. Just plug in that external drive and off you go ! 

Idea Like a Star @ heaven alien

I fixed the problem now, but thank you for trying <3
Also I do have an external hard drive which I have all my programs on, but for some reason when I saved the Get Together ep on it, it disappeared.. Or I just didn't save it properly  Oh my......

Anyway, thanks again for replying and giving me ideas on how to fix it Smile
night_lights
night_lights
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Jul 2016, 18:06

night_lights wrote:
I fixed the problem now, but thank you for trying <3
Also I do have an external hard drive which I have all my programs on, but for some reason when I saved the Get Together ep on it, it disappeared.. Or I just didn't save it properly  Oh my......

Anyway, thanks again for replying and giving me ideas on how to fix it Smile

Thanks for sharing the solution with us (in the opening post). Very Happy  Since your problem seems solved, I will lock the thread now. Have fun again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top