Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappearing Floor in Certain Rooms - Cannot place objects even when floor is visible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disappearing Floor in Certain Rooms - Cannot place objects even when floor is visible Empty Disappearing Floor in Certain Rooms - Cannot place objects even when floor is visible

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 01:05

I just downloaded the latest patch earlier this evening and all of a sudden in build mode some of the floors of my rooms disappear when the camera is at certain angles. Even when the floor is visible, I cannot place any items on it, as if it didn't exist. I tried removing the ceiling of the room below it, and removing the floor of the room itself, but it didn't change anything. I also tried bulldozing the lot and re-placing the build, and ended up with the same problem. 
It was working fine before I downloaded Get Famous, and I believe it was also working fine after downloading Get Famous but I did not actually play it between downloading Get Famous and the most recent patch so I'm not sure if the problem started after Get Famous or after the patch. 
I'm not sure what to do, I spent weeks on this build and wanted to touch it up so I don't want to lose it. 
Help please!

Back to top Go down

Disappearing Floor in Certain Rooms - Cannot place objects even when floor is visible Empty Re: Disappearing Floor in Certain Rooms - Cannot place objects even when floor is visible

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 01:18

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Disappearing Floor in Certain Rooms - Cannot place objects even when floor is visible Empty Re: Disappearing Floor in Certain Rooms - Cannot place objects even when floor is visible

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 05:44

I tried, and it seemed to fix it? I'm not sure since I didn't check every building, but as soon as I moved my saves back over the problem was there again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 05:47

I got this result from the validator

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 11:17

Delete "Game---", "Game--" and "Game-" folders.
Delete those files:
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll

What exactly did you move back, just the "saves" folder? You could try moving the lot to your library and then moving it back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2019, 23:10

I deleted the files and nothing has changed, unfortunately. I just selected all the files inside the save folder and copied them over to the new save file that appeared.
I tried moving my lot to the library, and also placing it in new worlds. Replacing the lot doesn't change anything, and different worlds just move the disappearing floor to different parts of the build. 

(Sorry about the delayed response, New Years was very busy)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2019, 23:20

I don't know, it could be corrupted save. Try moving each room to library and then reassemble your whole house from those rooms. If that still bugs out then I have no other ideas what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top