Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED] Empty Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2016, 23:13

Every time I try to install CC and Store Content and my game the downloader just refuses to work and insists that it stopped working. I don't know what is causing this but the game works just fine I however rather not play it without my content because it is important to my game. My game version is 1.67.2.024017 I've heard that 1.69 would refuse to let you download content but people said that 1.67 was fine. If that is not the case and my current version is the culprit I would be grateful if you could provide my with a link to update to an earlier version. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:28

Hello,
try installing Super Patcher. When pop up says that you have newer version just press Ok. This is a bit risky because you could mess up game. Best way is to uninstall Base Game, install it from DVD (not digital download) and then apply Super Patcher 1.67. Also, some users reported that EPs and SPs don't work when they had them in Origin because it demands to install version 1.69.
You have legal game, but you could install pirated version of The Sims 3 and all of its expansion and never worry about update 1.69.

Back to top Go down

Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:48

Well, I seemed to solve this problem. I typed my solution to this problem but I some how messed it up... Anyways I just removed everything from my documents folder and started the launcher for it to replace everything. Thank you for your help and excuse my poor English as I am still learning.  
Tea 4

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Jun 2016, 18:03

AngelaMV wrote:Well, I seemed to solve this problem. I typed my solution to this problem but I some how messed it up... Anyways I just removed everything from my documents folder and started the launcher for it to replace everything. Thank you for your help and excuse my poor English as I am still learning.  
Tea 4

//MOVED

Hello,

Some other users also pointed out you could try disabling your internet connection temporarily, if you are having launcher problems. But this only mainly seems to be the case for those who have a legit Origin base-game of Sims 3, and are on patch version 1.69. Other potential launcher issues are described in this thread too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16882-the-sims-3-launcher-problems-notice

Since your original problem seems solved, I will close this. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again, or message me if you want this thread to be re-opened later on. In the meantime, have fun ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top