Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows Defender prevents me from copying crack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows Defender prevents me from copying crack Empty Windows Defender prevents me from copying crack

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 21:10

Some time ago I removed AVG from my computer because I was sick and tired of the pop-ups telling me how great and wonderful AVG is).
Consequently in Windows 10, I automacally switched over to Windows Defender.
Today I wanted to make a video on how to install the Sims 4 from the G4TW downloads.

Everytime I tried to copy the crack into my installationfolder the file RldOrigin.dll was rejected. Changing the security of the folder didn't make any difference. Whatever I tried I could not copy RldOrigin.dll.
I tried various downloads of "No Defender" but no results.

Then I decided to install AVG free again. After installation I was given te choice to either use AVG or Defender as my anti-virus.
I selected AVG and yes, now I could copy the file and put it to the exceptions of AVG.

Is it just me suffering from this problem ??

Back to top Go down

Windows Defender prevents me from copying crack Empty Re: Windows Defender prevents me from copying crack

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 22:19

I've never had problem with Windows Defender. Neither on Windows 8.1, neither on Windows 10. In my Windows Defender exclusion list I added folder where I download pirated stuff and where I install it.
Only one thing that annoys me about Windows Defender that it auto-scans computer and doesn't notify me and then secretly uses about 300 MB of RAM.

Back to top Go down

Windows Defender prevents me from copying crack Empty Re: Windows Defender prevents me from copying crack

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 22:37

simmer_tony wrote:I've never had problem with Windows Defender. Neither on Windows 8.1, neither on Windows 10. In my Windows Defender exclusion list I added folder where I download pirated stuff and where I install it.
Only one thing that annoys me about Windows Defender that it auto-scans computer and doesn't notify me and then secretly uses about 300 MB of RAM.

Indeed, that's how it should be.
When I open Defender via Start - Installations, Security - Defender, all my options are Grey, so I can't change them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2016, 06:30

Switch to Windows Defender and then use the exclusions settings and then do the same with the AVG. After you have changed the settings of Windows Defender, don't use your default to AVG, try using the windows defender and scan your Sims folder with it, if your .dll files get detected, you have done something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top