Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows Defender removing my sims 4 season files.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows Defender removing my sims 4 season files. Empty Windows Defender removing my sims 4 season files.

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 15:32

Hello.

So I did download all sims 4 packs here from G4TW and everything worked fine. But yesterday, I did download the sims 4 season also from here.
I did turn my windows defender off while downloading my game and extracted it. However, when I turned it on again it told me that there
are files that may cause issue to my pc and did remove them.

--> Sims 4 / season /Game/Bin/ OrangeEmu.dll
(Trojan:win32/Oremu.A)

Im affraid if I do allow these files to be downloaded that it may cause problems to my PC.

are the files 100% safe?

Thansk.

Back to top Go down

Windows Defender removing my sims 4 season files. Empty Re: Windows Defender removing my sims 4 season files.

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 16:37

OrangeEmu.dll is 100% safe and is required for playing the 32 bits modus.(TS4.exe)
When you play 64-bits you don't need it (TS4_x64.exe)

Back to top Go down

Windows Defender removing my sims 4 season files. Empty Re: Windows Defender removing my sims 4 season files.

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 17:08

okay thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jun 2018, 19:37

Mlltah wrote:okay thanks!

If you have Windows 10, check this out as well, if you like:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 22:49

Weirdly enough, I have had a similar problem that others have had where the households won't load. And also oddly enough, I noticed windows defender pops up when I try to run the game. I have a feeling it's interrupted my files somehow too. I retorrented the expansion and no luck so I will update if this works!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:06

Tahlrana wrote:Weirdly enough, I have had a similar problem that others have had where the households won't load. And also oddly enough, I noticed windows defender pops up when I try to run the game. I have a feeling it's interrupted my files somehow too. I retorrented the expansion and no luck so I will update if this works!

Windows Defender has been more aggresive, as of more lately. Time to turn it off completely (see my previous response).

It's always interesting that these programs easily detect pirated stuff, but when it comes to REAL malware, they don't do anything. Granted, even I know that the issue is far more complex than this simplistic comparison. The people who create malware oftentimes have the necessary technical knowledge/education, to know how to bypass antivirus systems.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top