Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to cook issues...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to cook issues...  Empty Unable to cook issues...

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2016, 03:33

I don't recall when it started, maybe some time around April or Mayish. I've been having issues cooking. Most of the options are greyed out and unselectable, so I only get the same few meals in the cooking and gourmet cooking regardless of how high the skill is. I initially thought maybe it was related to CC, but I deleted all the CC out of the game and started a brand new game/still the same issue. I researched a possible cause for the issue on google a while back and came across one thread on a sims 4 forum that suggested unselecting "fresh ingredients" from the cooking menu and apparently it solved their issue- but what I realized is that I can't unselect "fresh ingredients." When I click to uncheck the box, it doesn't uncheck. Has anyone else come across this issue or happen to be aware of a possible solution?

Back to top Go down

Unable to cook issues...  Empty Re: Unable to cook issues...

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 12:20

Try to delete your cache.
Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the localthumbscache.package and cachewebkit file in this directory.
If this does not help, we will delete more cache files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 03:12

No, still same issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 12:50

Even though this bug has been fixed in one of the patches some player still experience it. Here are few possible causes of problem and solutions:

1) Rearrange your kitchen to make sure nothing is blocking the stove, fridge, sink... (Example: a window in front/side of the fridge. If it opens into the window's space. That may cause problems.)
Also, put up the walls to see if there's any cabinets or vents that maybe too large blocking the Sims from getting to the stove, microwave and/or fridge. - It's been reported removing the obstructing item helps.
2) Factory Reset along with deleting the localthumbspackage file in the main folder and delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
3) Turn on cheats, testingcheats true then right-click on the fridge and click debug. Turn off cheat after you are finished.
4) Delete the fridge and replace it.
5)  The house itself may be bugged. Save household to My Library. Place a different house on lot, and move household back in.
6) Start a new game for testing purposes to see if the same issue pops up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 14:34

I'll try each later, but I know for a fact that it's happening in all saved games, as well as any ones I start so I doubt it's a problem with houses or refrigerators because I've used many different types. I've also created a new windows login, just to test it under another account (assuming maybe there's something wrong with my Sims 4 folder and a new reset might be needed) and I get the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top