Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Directory During Install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Changing Directory During Install Empty Changing Directory During Install

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2016, 04:08

Hello!

So, I have downloaded The Sims 4 Base/Get Together/Get To Work expansions from the G4TW downloads site and when I tried to install the game and change where it would be installed, it won't allow me to change it at all. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Now, here's the thing...

I HAVE followed all the instructions that were here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix#

And even tried doing the "Alternative Method" as suggested in the guide, but the installer still won't change from the (C:) directory.

I have freed up as much space as possible (only 4GB left free, the rest are necessary program files) and still can't install. Using (C:) is absolutely NOT an option for me, because that's all the space I can get while my good computer is being repaired in the shop.

My only option left would be to download The Sims 4 from another source and I really DON'T want to that, because I love G4TW... Why.

My question is: Is there any OTHER possible way to change where the Sims 4 would install?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Back to top Go down

silent install - Changing Directory During Install Empty Re: Changing Directory During Install

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2016, 09:31

Once installed on C:, move the folder to D:

Back to top Go down

silent install - Changing Directory During Install Empty Re: Changing Directory During Install

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:31

Hello,
did you reboot PC after changing registry? If you didn't repeat and be sure to reboot. Inedd, after installing Base Game you can move it to any other partition you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Jul 2016, 19:14

SakuraAngel1 wrote:Hello!

So, I have downloaded The Sims 4 Base/Get Together/Get To Work expansions from the G4TW downloads site and when I tried to install the game and change where it would be installed, it won't allow me to change it at all. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Now, here's the thing...

I HAVE followed all the instructions that were here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix#

And even tried doing the "Alternative Method" as suggested in the guide, but the installer still won't change from the (C:) directory.

I have freed up as much space as possible (only 4GB left free, the rest are necessary program files) and still can't install. Using (C:) is absolutely NOT an option for me, because that's all the space I can get while my good computer is being repaired in the shop.

My only option left would be to download The Sims 4 from another source and I really DON'T want to that, because I love G4TW... Why.

My question is: Is there any OTHER possible way to change where the Sims 4 would install?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello @SakuraAngel1,

Indeed, after you did the alternative solution, don't forget to re-boot the computer. 

Nonetheless, it is a pain, having to resort to such methods (and once you are successful with that, you would have to revert the registry change again to what it was originally). The problem seems to lie in the modified installer that we used.

I was now thinking, with the modified language system of the game (as of the recent 1.20.60.1020 update), there could now be a re-release of the base game, that is "friendlier". But we'll have to see what the future holds. One potential problem could be some confusion with the instructions, in that people download a new TS4 base game from us with the brand-new instructions, and then follow up with the Get to Work + Get together DLC, which still use the old system.

Nonetheless I believe it may be worth bringing up the discussion again, about a new base game.

I'm sorry you are having these difficulties with the game. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2016, 20:32

Update 1.20.60.1020 is derived from the full sims4 torrent on a.o. Kickass.
I tried this 11.2 GB download and it works fine inspite of sometimes having to guess what to click on.
The crack is exactly the same as the one being used in the G4TW download of 1.20.60.1020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top