Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to change default install directory.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to change default install directory. Empty Unable to change default install directory.

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 21:04

Hey everyone. So im trying to install Sims 4 and my C drive is a small ssd making it impossible to install to it or move files. I followed the alt method on how to move the game after installation. I have changed the registry but the installer keeps picking the C drive. I have changed every single path in the registry from C to my A drive and still nothing. Opening programs like chrome throws an error, so I know the default drive is in fact changed... it just wont switch to it in the installer.

Back to top Go down

Unable to change default install directory. Empty Re: Unable to change default install directory.

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 21:44

The Sims 4 needs no entry in the register, so don't worry about it.
When you have moved the install folder from C to your E drive, perfect.
Just make a shortcut from E:\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe for your desktop.
Make sure that this location is under the exceptions of your anti-virus and leave the register for what it is.

My register still points to C whilst the game is in Z

Back to top Go down

Unable to change default install directory. Empty Re: Unable to change default install directory.

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 22:18

Tarac wrote:The Sims 4 needs no entry in the register, so don't worry about it.
When you have moved the install folder from C to your E drive, perfect.
Just make a shortcut from E:\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe for your desktop.
Make sure that this location is under the exceptions of your anti-virus and leave the register for what it is.

My register still points to C whilst the game is in Z

My issue is that I have no space to install the game to my C drive in the first place. The installer will only allow you to install into the C drive without a regedit. Problem is the edit is still not working for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 22:33

Use THIS TORRENT where you can choose the destination and language.
After installing you can add DLC's from G4TW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Aug 2017, 15:39

Earwaxking wrote:
My issue is that I have no space to install the game to my C drive in the first place. The installer will only allow you to install into the C drive without a regedit. Problem is the edit is still not working for me.
You can however, move around applications or other files that are taking up space and leaving the required space to install only the base game. After that, move the Sims 4 out of C Drive, and then continue installing the other DLCs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Aug 2017, 18:32

Earwaxking wrote:
My issue is that I have no space to install the game to my C drive in the first place. 

Even if you get hold of another The Sims 4 game from a different source, I would still recommend you try freeing up space on C: drive, for reasons of system stability. Especially if you are intending to use (lots of) mods and custom-made content for the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top