Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest update for base game only?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest update for base game only?  Empty Latest update for base game only?

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2016, 17:58

Hi everyone. 
First off,  I want to thank everyone for all the games and updates , and all the hard work you put in!
 I played The Sims 3 last year thanks to this wonderful site, but my laptop sort of crashed and I couldn't play it any more. It wouldn't even dream of opening TS4! 

Still with my same laptop now (new hard drive) I thought I'd give TS4 another go and so far it's been working lovely. 
I'm having trouble seeing any CC at all in the game (love building and customising, so I love the CC furniture etc) But nothing appears. I'm assuming it's because of the game version.  
I daren't risk what's left of my laptops life and install the expansion packs, so is there a possibility I could install the latest fix, without all the extras? 
I realise there isn't a link in the topic for the stand-alone fix, but I thought I'd better ask just in case - As they say, "If you don't ask, you don't get!"  
I tried the current fix that's available, but the game doesn't even start, so I'm in the process of reinstalling the base game alone. 

I apologise if I'm posting in the wrong place or if this topic has been addressed. I just registered specfically to thank, and post my question, ha. Sorry again! 

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Latest update for base game only?  Empty Re: Latest update for base game only?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Jul 2016, 18:56

Hello and welcome to the forum @emrallt !

Thanks for bringing this up, however, I deliberately did not add any links for the "update only" fix. And as of now I'm not sure if we are going to release such a version anymore.

The problem seems to be that if we "cut out" stuff from the fix (with all DLC), then it will lead to game freezes and various other in-game problems. The Ultimate fix in its current format requires all the previous items too, hence I said that people should download and install the Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together.

Modifying the crack so as to make it work without having all those DLC could be possible, but I don't want to promise anything at this point. Either way it would require some work.

I will check back with the other Admins & Mods on this, but again, you should not necessarily expect anything on this. I'm sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2016, 21:39

Thanks for the super quick reply,  @The_gh0stm4n

Aha I see what you mean, it's completely understandable. I assumed that ould be the reason, that's why it's called the Ultimate Fix after all x) 

I'll make most of the game while I can and maybe when I have some time on my hands I'll see if my laptop can take the expansions and stuff and give it a go, or perhaps I strike the jackpot and buy a new decent laptop lol! 

If you guys do end up finding a solution with a modified crack then that would be amazing, but I definitely won't expect it, as you say. I don't trust technology any more, ha.

Anyway, thank you all again for your hard work, you make playing games like this a dream! Keep it up!  Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2016, 15:48

Oh! Thought I' ask another question too. Not sure if anyone will still see this - 
Does the Moveobjects cheat work in the older version of the base game? (Can't remember what version the game is, but it's straight from the download off the site) Or did it come up in a later version? 
I just simply can't get the moveobjects to work. I use testingcheats on - bb.moveobjects (on/off) no dialogue comes in the box to say it's on/off though, is that a thing?) but it just doesn't  work at all. 
So are there older (yet newer compared to my version) fixes that I can download to my game instead? 
I hope that makes sense x_x 

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Jul 2016, 18:38

emrallt wrote:Oh! Thought I' ask another question too. Not sure if anyone will still see this - 
Does the Moveobjects cheat work in the older version of the base game? (Can't remember what version the game is, but it's straight from the download off the site) Or did it come up in a later version? 
I just simply can't get the moveobjects to work. I use testingcheats on - bb.moveobjects (on/off) no dialogue comes in the box to say it's on/off though, is that a thing?) but it just doesn't  work at all. 
So are there older (yet newer compared to my version) fixes that I can download to my game instead? 
I hope that makes sense x_x 

Thanks again!

That cheat was there almost from the beginning of TS4 (back in late 2014). I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the cheat always looked like this only ? bb.moveobjects, so without the on/off.

If you want to de-activate it, type the same cheat again and hit enter.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2016, 02:06

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

That cheat was there almost from the beginning of TS4 (back in late 2014). I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the cheat always looked like this only ? bb.moveobjects, so without the on/off.

If you want to de-activate it, type the same cheat again and hit enter.

I've tried it both ways! I've put bb.moveobjects on (off) and just toggled it with bb.moveobjects , and it doesn't work. I'm not sure if there are any other keys I'm meant to press? The 0-9 keys don't work to change the height of objects placed either. Of all things, these bother me the most, because I love building! It's a right shame. 
For a bit I thought maybe it does work, but just doesn't work as it did in TS3, and you can't place items completely over another, but I've been watching building videos and I've seen them do it fine. Very confusing! 
I'll have to check my game version and post it just in case. Meant to do that earlier and I forgot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2016, 11:56

Did you try activating cheat and then pick object, hold ALT, and place object where you want it to be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2016, 17:08

simmer_tony wrote:Did you try activating cheat and then pick object, hold ALT, and place object where you want it to be?

Yeah I've tried that, the highlight squares instantly turn red rather than stay green, and to double check, I click to place anyway but I get the "Cannot intersect..." notice. 
It's starting to get on my nerves!  Oh my...

Just got hold of my game version too -  1.0.797.20 , would that perhaps have anything to do with it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jul 2016, 18:40

emrallt wrote:Just got hold of my game version too -  1.0.797.20 , would that perhaps have anything to do with it?

That is interesting...would you be illing to give it  try, to install the other TS4 items from G4TW, and in the following order ?

Get to Work -> Get together -> latest Ultimate fix.

You can find Get to Work + Get together on the official downloads-page.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2016, 23:31

The_gh0stm4n wrote:That is interesting...would you be illing to give it  try, to install the other TS4 items from G4TW, and in the following order ?

Get to Work -> Get together -> latest Ultimate fix.

You can find Get to Work + Get together on the official downloads page.

I've installed all the packs and all and added the fix, my laptop survived!! Everything works perfectly! Moveobjects works now aswell. I've tried the 0-9 thing, and it didn't work - Though I was trying to put a stereo on an accent table - So it could just be the stereo's fault. I'm yet to try it with something else, but so far so good. I'm well chuffed my laptop's working alright with it. I removed all the CC I'd installed before adding the fix and everything just in case, I'm yet to try them again and see if they come up this time, but I don't mind, the stuff packs are plenty for now! 
Let's hope it's the end of my problems. Ha ha. 

Thanks both for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 18:50

emrallt wrote:
I've installed all the packs and all and added the fix, my laptop survived!! Everything works perfectly! Moveobjects works now aswell. I've tried the 0-9 thing, and it didn't work - Though I was trying to put a stereo on an accent table - So it could just be the stereo's fault. I'm yet to try it with something else, but so far so good. I'm well chuffed my laptop's working alright with it. I removed all the CC I'd installed before adding the fix and everything just in case, I'm yet to try them again and see if they come up this time, but I don't mind, the stuff packs are plenty for now! 
Let's hope it's the end of my problems. Ha ha. 

Thanks both for your help!

Sorry for the late reply @emrallt,

I haven't been posting much lately on here. Have there been any follow-up problems in the meantime ? Smile  And it's good to hear you got it working so far ! 

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top