Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Update is Missing Files from Game Bin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest Update is Missing Files from Game Bin Empty Latest Update is Missing Files from Game Bin

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 03:29

I'm not sure if anyone else was having this issue with the latest update but when I downloaded the 1.46.18.1020 update and attempted to load my game I received the missing OrangeEmu error code.

At first I thought I'd accidentally removed something from my firewall exclusions but every thing was exactly as it was when I downloaded the last update and my game loaded and worked just fine after installing previous updates.

My game is installed under program files and not program files/(x86), and my firewall was turned off when downloading and extracting from the iso file. I at first thought maybe the Simulation_x64.dll and Simulation.dll were the OrangeEmu files but renamed for whatever reason and tried relabelling them ( obviously with no luck). I've never really bothered looking at the files in the game bin folder so I wasn't sure which files I was missing. Next I decided to re download both the direct download file and magnet link and both times after applying the update I received the OrangeEmu error code.

At this point I'm on the verge of throwing my pc out the window and rampaging through the streets. My final thought while holding my computer in my hands is maybe the game folder for people using ZLOrigin would have these missing files and thankfully it does.

Back to top Go down

Latest Update is Missing Files from Game Bin Empty Re: Latest Update is Missing Files from Game Bin

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 06:05

I'm having the same issue. I tried the solution for the OrangeEmu that was on the fórum and then my game was "unable to start" due to the GameVersion txt file, I deleted it and now I get the Load Error 3 and cannot solve it. I've tried resetting the Docs folders and everything. Also when the game loads it looks as if I don't have seasons installed which is not correct since i've been playing seasons as long as it's been up here on the forum. I've tried everything and I'm sincerely scared of my Legacies going to hell right now. Someone please fix my life.

Back to top Go down

Latest Update is Missing Files from Game Bin Empty Re: Latest Update is Missing Files from Game Bin

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Aug 2018, 10:06

axzul wrote:(...) and my firewall was turned off when downloading and extracting from the iso file.

Hello,

Sometimes simply "turning off" these programs does not stop them either. A good example is AVG antivirus. If you have an antivirus program (besides Windows Defender), consider un-installing it, and re-booting the computer.

If you have Windows 10, look here on how to turn off the Defender:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

After that, grab one of the "Game"-folders from that thread, that are mentioned to be for people using ZLOrigin. They contain completely fresh files. Smile  Good luck, and keep us posted if you like.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 10:53

Usually you rename the "Game" folder and replace it with the new one. This time, I don't know why, I solved by overwriting the old "Game" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 11:37

gamel wrote:Usually you rename the "Game" folder and replace it with the new one. This time, I don't know why, I solved by overwriting the old "Game" folder.
The update does not contain a full Game folder but only the items that have changed.
So in this case do not delete your existing Game folder but just overwrite the old Game folder.

When you still have problems, download the separate Game folder via direct downloads.
Switch off your anti-virus
Extract the downloaded Game folder with Winrar
Delete the Game folder from your The Sims 4 installation folder
Now copy the extracted folder Game to your install folder.
Turn your anti-virus on again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 12:28

@The_gh0stm4n
I don't have any other anti-virus program.
I also went to control panel - administrative tools - services to make sure my firewall/windows defender etc. was stopped (I probably should have mentioned that in my initial post). Downloading the ZLOrigin game folder solved the problem of the missing files so it all worked out in the end.I only posted so other people with the same issue could solve their problem as well. I guess next time instead of deleting my old game folder I’ll just rename it as that is the other option stated in the install instructions.Thanks. Cool

Side note for anyone else with this same issue, I downloaded the ZLOrigin Game folder 2 in the Update post and simply removed the ZUpdaterx32.dll and ZUpdaterx64.dll files and my game is working fine now. Not OrangeEmu error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2018, 07:18

Thanks for the replies. 
I couldn't make my game work. Period. 
I reinstalled the whole thing, I've been in front of my screen for the past 5-6 hours (no joking) and now the error I get on start up is that there's game data missing and I should repair the game through Origin.
I've tried re-downloading and re-applying the "fixed" Game folder. I've checked on my gf's game folders if any file or folder was missing on mine and none showed up.
The strange thing is my game works without Cats & Dogs. If my Game/EP04 folder is empty, my game works just fine but without C&D. Whenever I fill the folder with the content it should have, the "missing data" sign shows up again at start-up. I'm currently re-installing it all over again just in case I've missed something but if anyone has a clue of what it might be happening I'll appreciate it. Thank you so much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2018, 15:40

I'm also having a problem. I saved an a copy of the game folder just in case and tried the update. I tried replacing the game folder with my old one and with the ZLOrgin 2 game folder. I still get this on start up.Latest Update is Missing Files from Game Bin Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2018, 16:49

You can find ClientDeltaBuild0.package HERE
but I doubt if its helpfull as most probably you'll ghet some more "missing or damaged" files.
But at least you can try it.
Install path: Your install folder The Sims 4 - Delta - EP01 and overwrite existing file

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2018, 19:02

Tarac, Thanks for getting back to me. It was worth a try but it didn't work. I have my game in program files using x64. I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to work. My last update was 1.45.62.1020 and everything worked fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2018, 19:14

@behensks Try this and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2018, 20:00

Do you want me to create a md5 file or just post the results? I have the results in a notepad file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2018, 20:28

Just the result. (MD5 file is useful for validator, not me, and it's optional. It's just faster to calculate hashes in external program than in browser.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2018, 22:34

I got it fixed. I downloaded the torrent version of the 1.46 update and re-installed it. That worked. The 1st time I tried the update I used the direct download version of the update. I don't know if there was a problem with the direct download or with my downloading it.
Thanks to anadius1 and Tarac for your help and advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top