Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! the games run slow and the character freezes!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP! the games run slow and the character freezes!!!!! Empty HELP! the games run slow and the character freezes!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:19

please help! I installed the 1.26 hoping it would help but the game is still slow. the sims freeze for almost 20seconds while the items are not. this happens every 5seconds while im playing. i used the ultimate fix but it doesn't work. what will i do? Help

Back to top Go down

HELP! the games run slow and the character freezes!!!!! Empty Re: HELP! the games run slow and the character freezes!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:51

sounds like a system memory shortage.

You know the issue people get in China where the game all of the sudden starts getting hickups? That's because of NPC sims getting stuck and having to remap routes like 1000 times each second, which we would call a memory leak. Takes away a huge chunk of the availble memory and maps it to the routing bit, which in turn results in not enough memory availble for the other game features, which in turn results in hickups.

Back to top Go down

HELP! the games run slow and the character freezes!!!!! Empty Re: HELP! the games run slow and the character freezes!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:02

what do you mean? i don't have enough memory to run the game without the sims being freeze?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:44

sensai17 wrote:what do you mean? i don't have enough memory to run the game without the sims being freeze?
Hello,

Please check if your PC can run the game: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
If yes, try running at lowest settings.
Also, if you have any Custom Content / Mods remove them ALL and try again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:58

I only have the mods from the sims 3 store update? is that the one i will delete?
I already change the setting but it still freezes. I experienced this lag last tuesday until now but before i don't have problems in playing the game.

(sorry for the bad english.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:04

sensai17 wrote:I only have the mods from the sims 3 store update? is that the one i will delete?
I already change the setting but it still freezes. I experienced this lag last tuesday until now but before i don't have problems in playing the game.

(sorry for the bad english.)
Hello,

Please backup your Mods and Custom Content and then remove ALL OF THEM. After that, restart the game and see if it has made a difference.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:07

If that doesn't work, try playing in windowed mode, that has been known to make a difference.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:18

How to change it to windows mode?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:19

You can find it under video options, if you uncheck "enable fullscreen", it'll change to windowed mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:41

i already try that but it returns to full screen after a while. Wat.

//EDIT

Still having the problem i deleted that mods but still, I've been encountering the same problem. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top