Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with sims 3 worlds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with sims 3 worlds Empty Help with sims 3 worlds

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2016, 16:06

Hi all,
I posted about my custom content issue but I figured out I can't download from TSR at all or anything that has sims3packs only package files.  I checked out some other sites for custom content that use package files and I was able to see the content in my game.  My question is how do I get back Riverview, Aurora Skies and Midnight Hollow.  I lost those worlds for some reason and I tried downloading through the launcher but of course these worlds are only in sims3packs so how do i get them back?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks so much Smile

Back to top Go down

Help with sims 3 worlds Empty Re: Help with sims 3 worlds

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2016, 16:29

Worlds are - to my knowledge - not available as .package files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2016, 16:31

thank you, i i didn't think so.  Is there a way I can patch my sims 3 game to 1.69? Thanks again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2016, 16:32

Yes, do the manual patch, search on this forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jul 2016, 17:45

The manual patch is for 1.67, you dont want 1.69.
You can however download the worlds as sims3packs from Www.games4theworlddownloads.org.

Last edited by Edin ElDi on Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:44; edited 1 time in total
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2016, 18:31

ok thank you if you say don't get patch 1.69 i definitely won't.  My game is running good, I don't want any problems.  Thanks again! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jul 2016, 09:24

Darstan64 wrote:ok thank you if you say don't get patch 1.69 i definitely won't.  My game is running good, I don't want any problems.  Thanks again! Smile

If you still need help with the other problem you posted, please continue in the other thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23340-custom-content-question-please

That said, the 1.69 manual patch is only available for those people who have at least the base game on Origin. Beyond that, this patch does not really fix anything in the game. It adds a functionality with which you can "enable or disable expansions", prior to running the game. Seems that some people requested that feature, so be it.

But the 1.69 patch certainly confused the hell out of a lot of players. Namely those who combined their Origin-based games with cracked ones, but that is a different story.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:02

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
That said, the 1.69 manual patch is only available for those people who have at least the base game on Origin. Beyond that, this patch does not really fix anything in the game. It adds a functionality with which you can "enable or disable expansions", prior to running the game. Seems that some people requested that feature, so be it.

But the 1.69 patch certainly confused the hell out of a lot of players. Namely those who combined their Origin-based games with cracked ones, but that is a different story.
For update 1.69 you neither need an account with Origin, nor a legal game as long as you do not use cracks (the old iso versus winrar issue)
I have 1.69 but it adds nothing to your game.
As @The_gh0stm4n stated, all you can do is exclude certain expansions from your running game in the hope that it will play more fluently. In practise however it doesn't make much difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:43

Tarac wrote:For update 1.69 you neither need an account with Origin, nor a legal game as long as you do not use cracks

I didn't think about that, but yes, it could work if someone gave you the updated 1.69 game files and you pasted them over the 1.67 installation folder(s) of The Sims 3. And then run TS3 with the mounted .ISO. Still strange though, since according to my information, you need to log into Origin with this new 1.69 patch, or maybe something has been changed in the meantime ?

Since we do not work with .ISO images, and also because of concerns over unsupported mods/CC (a lot of the modders from back in the days have 'retired' and therefore updating to 1.69 has a high chance of messing up your mods), we never bothered to look further into that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 11:28

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:For update 1.69 you neither need an account with Origin, nor a legal game as long as you do not use cracks

I didn't think about that, but yes, it could work if someone gave you the updated 1.69 game files and you pasted them over the 1.67 installation folder(s) of The Sims 3. And then run TS3 with the mounted .ISO. Still strange though, since according to my information, you need to log into Origin with this new 1.69 patch, or maybe something has been changed in the meantime ?

Since we do not work with .ISO images, and also because of concerns over unsupported mods/CC (a lot of the modders from back in the days have 'retired' and therefore updating to 1.69 has a high chance of messing up your mods), we never bothered to look further into that.
@The_gh0stm4n: For your info, Updating to 1.69 is done via the Launcher and you do not need an Origin account. The update will fail when it finds an illegal .exe in your game (crack).
But as said, 1.69 does not add anything to your game and will - most probably - not interfere with CC.
Furthermore, when your game is not running well under 1.67, it won't under 1.69 either. (At least I noticed no difference whatsoever)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jul 2016, 11:38

Tarac wrote:@The_gh0stm4n: For your info, (...)

Then that must be a (very) recent developement, but hey OK, not going to argue with you...it's fine that it works that way then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top