Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom content question please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom content question please. Empty Custom content question please.

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2016, 23:01

Hi all,
I wasn't sure where to ask this question but awhile back I downloaded a few expansion packs from here.  Everything is great and working properly. My problem is I recently downloaded some custom content for my sims 3 game, some clothing, shoes, makeup, kitchen objects.  I can't see the content in game at all even though its telling me it was installed successfully.  I was told that its because my game isn't patched to 1.69.  I'm patched at 1.67.  I guess if I remember correctly if I patch my game now I'll mess my game up so does that mean I won't be able to download any custom content at all?  I thought maybe I didn't put the files in the right place.

I have mods that are working properly though.  I guess thats different.  Any help would be appreciated, i'm confused.  Thanks so much Smile

Back to top Go down

Custom content question please. Empty Re: Custom content question please.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Jul 2016, 01:16

//MOVED

Hello @Darstan64,

I moved your post to "TS3 Downloads Support". Smile  That said, you can only update to 1.69 if your base game is on Origin. There is no manual patch anymore, like in earlier times.

That said, not that much code has been changed with the 1.69 patch, making me to question the "fact" that your custom content only works with 1.69. But OK.

What is the file extension of your CC ? Is it .sims3pack, .package, or maybe even both...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2016, 02:48

Ok, thank you for answering, I had to check back to 2013, I didn't remember where I purchased the base game, turns out it was amazon not through origin and all the custom content is .sims3pack.  Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 28 Jul 2016, 10:02

Maybe you want to try an alternative.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 19:23

thanks so much for your help, i can attempt to try that Custom content question please. Icon_smile

//EDIT

Hi, I tried the alternative but with pack extractor(lepid llama) to convert my sims3pack files to package files.  I have a mac.  I put a lot (a nightclub) i downloaded awhile back into my game that i converted to a package file but it didn't show up in game.  I also lost Riverview, Aurora Skies, Midnight Hollow and all the custom content I had from awhile ago plus all the new custom content I downloaded from a few days ago that I converted from sims3pack to package files and I can't see them in game either.  Just wondering whats happening here.  My game runs fine, all my mods are working perfectly.  I just can't seem to have any custom content in my game.  What would happen to my game if I updated to 1.69?  I don't want to screw my game up and I don't think that would help anyway. Any help at all would be appreciated, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jul 2016, 09:20

Darstan64 wrote:Hi, I tried the alternative but with pack extractor(lepid llama) to convert my sims3pack files to package files.  I have a mac.  I put a lot (a nightclub) i downloaded awhile back into my game that i converted to a package file but it didn't show up in game.  I also lost Riverview, Aurora Skies, Midnight Hollow and all the custom content I had from awhile ago plus all the new custom content I downloaded from a few days ago that I converted from sims3pack to package files and I can't see them in game either.  Just wondering whats happening here.  My game runs fine, all my mods are working perfectly.  I just can't seem to have any custom content in my game.  What would happen to my game if I updated to 1.69?  I don't want to screw my game up and I don't think that would help anyway. Any help at all would be appreciated, thank you!

You cannot simply convert everything to .package files. For a start, when you convert a .sims3pack to .package, it will result in a multitude of .packages, which you might now consider as unimportant, but in fact, is is very significant.

For a start, lots that are in .package file format work entirely different than .package files for hair, clothing, skins, etc. Lot .package files must be put under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library.

The next thing is, if you want to convert worlds into .packages, the procedure is much, much more complicated than that. I didn't concern myself with that though, yet. Feel free to do some googling, although my recommendation is that you install worlds with the launcher.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top