Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to en_US. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to en_US. [SOLVED] Empty If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to en_US. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 00:48

Okay, I'm having the same issue, but the file he/she gave us, didn't work completely. I tried, as he/she did, everything that's been said in the other thread. If I change the .ini file, it says that I can't play the game in that specific language. If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to us_US.
If I use the .ini file he/she uploaded here, the game starts just fine, the language is Italian, but I don't have anymore the DLCs. Dine Out isn't even there, the other DLCs are in the game, apparently, but if I try to sort the objects by packs, it shows only one or two objects.
So, what should I do?

PS: My game runs always as administrator.

Back to top Go down

If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to en_US. [SOLVED] Empty Re: If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to en_US. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jul 2016, 01:27

Dia wrote:Okay, I'm having the same issue, but the file he/she gave us, didn't work completely. I tried, as he/she did, everything that's been said in the other thread. If I change the .ini file, it says that I can't play the game in that specific language. If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to us_US.
If I use the .ini file he/she uploaded here, the game starts just fine, the language is Italian, but I don't have anymore the DLCs. Dine Out isn't even there, the other DLCs are in the game, apparently, but if I try to sort the objects by packs, it shows only one or two objects.
So, what should I do?

PS: My game runs always as administrator.

//SPLIT

Hello @Dia,

I split your message and moved it to a new topic. That said, I changed the .ini file myself to Italian, and got to the main menu with no problems. I have not played further than that though.

I suspect that people are possibly misspelling the "it_IT". Note that in the second part of the code ("IT"), the first symbol is supposed to be a capital "I" (as in "Internet") and not a lowercase "L" (like the first letter in "love"), if that makes any sense. Smile

Please try the Italian .ini that I used myself here, and try your game again.
http://bit.ly/2aHb7tA

Good luck, and do keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to en_US. [SOLVED] Empty Re: If I edit the registry, when I play the game the key turns back to en_US. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 01:41

I deleted the other .ini file and put back in the one I had before, then I edited it again but without deleting the ; and then the game started just fine, with the right language and all the DLCs. I really don't know why, but it worked. 
Anyway I will download yours too, in case it decides not to work again. 
Thank you very much for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 19:10

Dia wrote:I deleted the other .ini file and put back in the one I had before, then I edited it again but without deleting the ; and then the game started just fine, with the right language and all the DLCs. I really don't know why, but it worked. 
Anyway I will download yours too, in case it decides not to work again. 
Thank you very much for your help!

You're welcome, but I am still puzzled as to why the problems reported so far about this new language system are always about Italian. But OK.

Feel free to get in touch with us again anytime you need more support. Just open a new thread then. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top