Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Join Doctor At Work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Join Doctor At Work. [SOLVED] Empty Can't Join Doctor At Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2016, 04:24

Please help Smile I have downloaded everything from here and exactly as the instructions said I even printed the instructions and checked them off one by one. I'm assuming it might be a GTW issue, when it's time for my doctor to go to work and I hit "Join" to go with them I can't. My sim gets up the clothes change to doctor and a notification in the top right says they are going to work but they don't they just stand there then patients show up at my house but I can't treat them I can't do anything. Is anyone having this problem. Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Can't Join Doctor At Work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't Join Doctor At Work. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Aug 2016, 00:39

fsufan30525 wrote:Please help Smile I have downloaded everything from here and exactly as the instructions said I even printed the instructions and checked them off one by one. I'm assuming it might be a GTW issue, when it's time for my doctor to go to work and I hit "Join" to go with them I can't. My sim gets up the clothes change to doctor and a notification in the top right says they are going to work but they don't they just stand there then patients show up at my house but I can't treat them I can't do anything. Is anyone having this problem. Thanks so much!

Hello and welcome to the forum @fsufan30525,

Can you navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and change the folder name of "The Sims 4" ?

Then re-start the game and temporarily create a new save. Create another sim, join the doctor's career, and see if you notice any differences this time. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't Join Doctor At Work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't Join Doctor At Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 03:28

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
fsufan30525 wrote:Please help Smile I have downloaded everything from here and exactly as the instructions said I even printed the instructions and checked them off one by one. I'm assuming it might be a GTW issue, when it's time for my doctor to go to work and I hit "Join" to go with them I can't. My sim gets up the clothes change to doctor and a notification in the top right says they are going to work but they don't they just stand there then patients show up at my house but I can't treat them I can't do anything. Is anyone having this problem. Thanks so much!

Hello and welcome to the forum @fsufan30525,

Can you navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and change the folder name of "The Sims 4" ?

Then re-start the game and temporarily create a new save. Create another sim, join the doctor's career, and see if you notice any differences this time. Smile

Thank you. That works but the game I've been playing isn't there. When I did that it started like I was playing for the first time. I didn't know I had a folder there because I thought I moved it as it said in the instructions. What can I do to get my played games back?  Thanks so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Aug 2016, 03:28

fsufan30525 wrote:Thank you. That works but the game I've been playing isn't there. When I did that it started like I was playing for the first time. I didn't know I had a folder there because I thought I moved it as it said in the instructions. What can I do to get my played games back?  Thanks so much.

Go to your old/renamed "The Sims 4"-folder. Copy the folders "Tray" and "Saves" for now only. Paste these 2, into your freshly-created "The Sims 4"-folder.

Load your (old) savegame and see if the glitch persists. 

If you had any mods or CC in your previous game, they might have caused this problem too. Or maybe the cause was some corrupted cache file. Another possibility is even a damaged savefile, in which case I'm unsure; you might have to create a new savegame after that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 05:06

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
fsufan30525 wrote:Thank you. That works but the game I've been playing isn't there. When I did that it started like I was playing for the first time. I didn't know I had a folder there because I thought I moved it as it said in the instructions. What can I do to get my played games back?  Thanks so much.

Go to your old/renamed "The Sims 4"-folder. Copy the folders "Tray" and "Saves" for now only. Paste these 2, into your freshly-created "The Sims 4"-folder.

Load your (old) savegame and see if the glitch persists. 

If you had any mods or CC in your previous game, they might have caused this problem too. Or maybe the cause was some corrupted cache file. Another possibility is even a damaged savefile, in which case I'm unsure; you might have to create a new savegame after that.

Yes it glitched when it did that. I do have some cc & mods. What do u suggest I do I really don't want to lose everything I've done. Is there a way to at least save them sims I'm playing & move them. I made them in CAS I don't mind losing the cc & mods if I have to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 07:07

I downloaded the mod conflict detector on mod the sims, moved files & figured it out. Thanks for all ur help I appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Aug 2016, 16:27

fsufan30525 wrote:I downloaded the mod conflict detector on mod the sims, moved files & figured it out. Thanks for all ur help I appreciate it.

That's one of the reasons I don't like using mods.  Haters gonna hate

Seriously, a lot of people find something really cool in terms of mods, and install it onto their games. I grant them, that they want to make their games more interesting, but at some point (when a new update is released) it likely won't work anymore. Unless the creator has uploaded a new mod version.

Since your problem seems solved, I will close this now. Have fun with the game and feel free to get back to us again anytime you need more help ! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top