Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manage Households: Split households no longer works. c/c & scripts turned off *Dine out*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manage Households: Split households no longer works. c/c & scripts turned off *Dine out* Empty Manage Households: Split households no longer works. c/c & scripts turned off *Dine out*

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 22:52

It worked fine til i added dine out patch, so i then copied over latest ultimate fix update instead and yet still no change. it says my young adult sim and 2 teens must have an adult in the household.

Back to top Go down

Manage Households: Split households no longer works. c/c & scripts turned off *Dine out* Empty Re: Manage Households: Split households no longer works. c/c & scripts turned off *Dine out*

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 23:50

Just noticed that all wall speakers except the residential wall speaker are missing from shop mode. well good thing i didnt empty my recycle bin when i deleted the pre-dine out download files, cause looks like a re-install might be imminent. dine out is either missing an update or the upload is crap. (not directed at G4TW)

Back to top Go down

Manage Households: Split households no longer works. c/c & scripts turned off *Dine out* Empty Re: Manage Households: Split households no longer works. c/c & scripts turned off *Dine out*

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2016, 11:55

man seriously regretting ever had installed dineout. just reinstalled everything not including dineout and now im still having the same split household issue as well as my save game is screwed, all my sims with c/c have everything removed so im guessing any lots i did anything to will have the same problem. Sad i never saved game when i turned off mods and c/c but apparently the game autosaves anyway so guess im gonna have to start a whole new game now. ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2016, 16:20

sorry for my negativity, when i get frustrated i get like donald trump, my mouth works faster than my brain can keep up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Aug 2016, 16:24

Misfit203 wrote:sorry for my negativity, when i get frustrated i get like donald trump, my mouth works faster than my brain can keep up.

Hello @Misfit203 (and welcome back to the forum),

Could that be caused by corrupted cache files too ? Have you tried deleting the localthumbcache.package under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 ? 

Also have a look at step 4 of the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

It may be written in a 'wonky' way, but see if you are able to restore an older version of your savefile(s), possibly. Good luck, and no worries about being negative; I think we all are negative at times. If we were never negative, we wouldn't be humans anymore, but maybe teddybears ? (not sure if being a teddybear is that cool, though).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2016, 19:06

Lol... thanks for the response...

I actually just resolved my issue, took most of the day, but got everything including dineout working, and no more split household problems. I redownloaded all the G4TW files and re-installed them from scratch. i started game in vanilla and deleted all world sims, and was then gonna add all my half naked bald headed people but realized i had a Newcrest park that i added an underground spa and bedrooms to, as well as ground level swimming pool and a 2 level nightclub i also built on it that i didnt recall saving to my library, so i switched out my new sims my documents directory with my old saves backup which as i said had ruined all my sims and all of a sudden i see they all appear to be dressed and with hair in their lot pictures, so im guessing all is good and im working with no losses. hopefully that guess is correct lol. strange why i ended up with  my original issues, but im happy i can finally go play again.

though im now strongly considering starting a new game again anyway. i've made some very interesting looking sims over the last 2 years and spent the last 2 weeks breeding them amongst a few of those families. thinking if i do decide to restart a new game i can break all family ties and accelerate my towns gene pool and hopefully come up with some great looking new sims lol.

thanks again for your response!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2016, 19:28

i now know why i couldnt split the household... the ones i wanted to leave behind were all teens.

oops... oh well. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Aug 2016, 09:09

Misfit203 wrote:Lol... thanks for the response...

I actually just resolved my issue, took most of the day, but got everything including dineout working, and no more split household problems. I redownloaded all the G4TW files and re-installed them from scratch. i started game in vanilla and deleted all world sims, and was then gonna add all my half naked bald headed people but realized i had a Newcrest park that i added an underground spa and bedrooms to, as well as ground level swimming pool and a 2 level nightclub i also built on it that i didnt recall saving to my library, so i switched out my new sims my documents directory with my old saves backup which as i said had ruined all my sims and all of a sudden i see they all appear to be dressed and with hair in their lot pictures, so im guessing all is good and im working with no losses. hopefully that guess is correct lol. strange why i ended up with  my original issues, but im happy i can finally go play again.

though im now strongly considering starting a new game again anyway. i've made some very interesting looking sims over the last 2 years and spent the last 2 weeks breeding them amongst a few of those families. thinking if i do decide to restart a new game i can break all family ties and accelerate my towns gene pool and hopefully come up with some great looking new sims lol.

thanks again for your response!

Misfit203 wrote:i now know why i couldnt split the household... the ones i wanted to leave behind were all teens.

oops... oh well. lol

Interesting, but thanks for the feedback !  I tip my fedora.

I myself haven't bothered much about the "Makeup" of the population, due to the fact that relationships of sims were deleted after a while (at least back then). Has that been fixed in the meantime ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2016, 09:16

good question...

I havent been a huge sims 4 fan this whole time, i dibbed and dabbed with it here and there over the years, basically mostly making sims but not really playing much til recently, past few weeks i been basically just mating them, cheat aging up the kids and then mating them with other sims and seeing what comes up with. but i think their connections remain in tact from what i can tell. i use MC Commander also which loves to break up my happy little households to a sim here and a sim there, but im pretty sure the relationships have been sticking.

just noticed i have 291 tracked hours of sims 4 gameplay, not including what wasnt tracked, guess i do play this more than i think lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top