Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects Empty Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2016, 21:14

(First post on this forum~)

I have had a problem with my game since I moved to a new (weaker) computer. When I click on a Sim -the active sim included-, the phone, or objects that can be interacted with (paintings, appliances, radios; everything), there is a problematic amount of delay between the clicking and the appearance of the menu. If I wanted to click on Bella Goth to Throw Drink at her, I would have to wait a few seconds for the social menu to appear, then several more to get to the "Mean" interactions. The more menu options there are, the longer the delay.

The delay itself would not be problematic if it only happened occasionally or if it were shorter, but it causes a massive annoyance in aggregate. There is almost no delay normally, so this problem is especially annoying. It is also worth noting that there is also a short gap between a Sim getting a command and then actually doing it. When they do actually do the action, there is no issue. There wouldn't be any lag at all in actually throwing the drink at Bella, just lag getting to that point.

What I've tried:
-Removing all CC/Mods (Made no difference)
-Moving the Sims 4 Folder in My Documents to Desktop to reset it (It MIGHT have helped a little, but that can't be confirmed)
-Making a new save (No difference)
-Lowering graphic settings (I've played on super-low and super-high; makes no difference. I can play it fine otherwise on highest graphics. I do have Laptop mode on.)
-Updating Drivers (I did that before I noticed this issue)

What I have NOT tried:
-Reinstalling 
-Cleaning out the cache folders or whatever that mess is

I mentioned that I did not have this problem on my old computer, which makes me think it might be a memory-type issue. On this website (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/the-sims-4/12305) I hit all the computer specs required to run the game with a few exceptions:

-"Dedicated Video Ram" (Requires 128 MBs, I have 32 MB. I am not a computer expert, so that means little to me.)
-The "minimum" CPU is describe as "Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.0 GHz Dual Core required if using integrated graphics)" and I have Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz.

Chances are that the CPU is the issue, but I would like to know if there is anything else I can try, or if there is anything I can do to improve the issue. I cannot update the drivers any more to my knowledge.

The RAM, OS, Free Disk Space, Sound Card, and most of the Video Card settings are all seen as good enough by that program.

I don't know my old computer's specs.

Any help is appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects Empty Re: Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Aug 2016, 14:18

Drayk wrote:-"Dedicated Video Ram" (Requires 128 MBs, I have 32 MB. I am not a computer expert, so that means little to me.)

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @Drayk,

I moved your post to the correct section. I am sorry to tell that, but the dedicated video RAM is significant. Even though the amount of 32MB is (too low), your computer could then take the needed remaining amount of RAM from your main RAM modules. Technicalities aside, your graphics card may not be properly supported by the game.

Google for "Razer Cortex" and use to to free up some RAM on your computer. Using the program should be straightforward, but there is also this guide here in case you need more help. Programs like Razer Cortex can help close stuff such as background applications on your computer, thereby freeing up more resources which in turn can benefit your gaming experience.

You should not expect miracles though, I'm really sorry to be that blunt.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects Empty Re: Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2016, 21:02

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Drayk wrote:-"Dedicated Video Ram" (Requires 128 MBs, I have 32 MB. I am not a computer expert, so that means little to me.)

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @Drayk,

I moved your post to the correct section. I am sorry to tell that, but the dedicated video RAM is significant. Even though the amount of 32MB is (too low), your computer could then take the needed remaining amount of RAM from your main RAM modules. Technicalities aside, your graphics card may not be properly supported by the game.

Google for "Razer Cortex" and use to to free up some RAM on your computer. Using the program should be straightforward, but there is also this guide here in case you need more help. Programs like Razer Cortex can help close stuff such as background applications on your computer, thereby freeing up more resources which in turn can benefit your gaming experience.

You should not expect miracles though, I'm really sorry to be that blunt.

Thank you for the response!

I apologize, firstly, for misplacing this topic. I was under the impression that this was an in-game type issh more than anything else.

I have tried the Razer Cortex program and had no problems installing/getting it to run. There were results right away, with the lag that came with clicking on objects completely gone and the active sim 90% gone. There is still that delay on clicking on a different sim or the phone. I assume the difference is that clicking on an object has far less interaction options than a sim, so it takes more memory resources or whatever.

If nothing else, I now know which direction to go in with trying to fix/improve the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Aug 2016, 11:13

Drayk wrote:
Thank you for the response!

I apologize, firstly, for misplacing this topic. I was under the impression that this was an in-game type issh more than anything else.

I have tried the Razer Cortex program and had no problems installing/getting it to run. There were results right away, with the lag that came with clicking on objects completely gone and the active sim 90% gone. There is still that delay on clicking on a different sim or the phone. I assume the difference is that clicking on an object has far less interaction options than a sim, so it takes more memory resources or whatever.

If nothing else, I now know which direction to go in with trying to fix/improve the issue.

That's good to hear @Drayk, and no worries about "misplaced" topics. Smile  Mostly we move them, if necessary. 

Personally, even though this is about TS4, I would recommend you give TS2 a try, if you haven't played it yet. It "looks" and feels very similar to TS4, apart from the outdated textures. It has lower system requirements, less overall-needed filespace, it is a complete game, and it's still fun. You can get the "TS2 Complete Collection", along all other G4TW-releases, from the Piratebay-account here:
http://bit.ly/29DT842

But do keep us posted about your progress here ! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top