Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Can't Open Sims 4 anymore unless Origin is open.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Can't Open Sims 4 anymore unless Origin is open. Empty I Can't Open Sims 4 anymore unless Origin is open.

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 06:25

As the title says, I cannot open the Sims 4 anymore without it giving me that error that Origin isn't open.

A while back I wanted to check out what the Gallery looked like in game (I regret this decision,) so I followed the guide on here.
I only tried this once, but after that one time I tried with Origin open, every time I've tried to open the Sims 4(without Origin open), I get the error that I need Origin open.

I have it excluded in my anti-virus. I have re installed with the Sims 4 and the Ultimate Fix multiple times. I wanted to try out the new DLC  but I can't because of that error. 
What do I do? Please help. 

also sorry if this was the wrong place to post.

Back to top Go down

I Can't Open Sims 4 anymore unless Origin is open. Empty Re: I Can't Open Sims 4 anymore unless Origin is open.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 16:45

KittyCat wrote:As the title says, I cannot open the Sims 4 anymore without it giving me that error that Origin isn't open.

A while back I wanted to check out what the Gallery looked like in game (I regret this decision,) so I followed the guide on here.
I only tried this once, but after that one time I tried with Origin open, every time I've tried to open the Sims 4(without Origin open), I get the error that I need Origin open.

I have it excluded in my anti-virus. I have re installed with the Sims 4 and the Ultimate Fix multiple times. I wanted to try out the new DLC  but I can't because of that error. 

Hello KittyCat and welcome,

Take a good look (again) a this guide here, which I updated a few days ago to include some minor changes:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-3-2-2015

This will involve configuring the Windows firewall, the anti-virus firewall (!!!) and turning off Windows Defender. Also note that you might have to do additional research on that, because you might have a different anti-virus program than I do (I used avast as an example program, in my guide).

Also, as I said earlier in this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19105-unable-to-start-origin-is-not-currently-running#131903

My guess is that there ic a high chance that you overlooked something too. So if you want, feel free to join the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page) whenever you see me online there. I will then try and help you via "teamViewer", if you want. Good luck for now ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I Can't Open Sims 4 anymore unless Origin is open. Empty Re: I Can't Open Sims 4 anymore unless Origin is open.

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 10:56

Carlos wrote:
KittyCat wrote:As the title says, I cannot open the Sims 4 anymore without it giving me that error that Origin isn't open.

Hello KittyCat and welcome,

Take a good look (again) a this guide here, which I updated a few days ago to include some minor changes:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-3-2-2015

This will involve configuring the Windows firewall, the anti-virus firewall (!!!) and turning off Windows Defender. Also note that you might have to do additional research on that, because you might have a different anti-virus program than I do (I used avast as an example program, in my guide).

Also, as I said earlier in this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19105-unable-to-start-origin-is-not-currently-running#131903

My guess is that there ic a high chance that you overlooked something too. So if you want, feel free to join the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page) whenever you see me online there. I will then try and help you via "teamViewer", if you want. Good luck for now ! Smile 
Well the thing is I've had Windows Defender off, it still is off. Sims 4 was added to exclusions on my anti virus (Ad-Aware btw). And it's also been turned off until I manually open it myself, which I never did while trying to start the Sims 4. I also never have seen that 4 GB thingy, nor installed it so I'm not sure. It just all happened after I followed the guide to access Gallery. Maybe I can find a fix somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 16:10

KittyCat wrote:Well the thing is I've had Windows Defender off, it still is off. Sims 4 was added to exclusions on my anti virus (Ad-Aware btw). And it's also been turned off until I manually open it myself, which I never did while trying to start the Sims 4. I also never have seen that 4 GB thingy, nor installed it so I'm not sure. It just all happened after I followed the guide to access Gallery. Maybe I can find a fix somewhere.

http://games4theworld.org/contact.html

Read the part about "TeamViewer" there, and if you agree on that, do make sure to catch me on the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page !), when you see me online there. I'm most active there on weekends (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays). I will then try and fix the issue via TeamViewer for you. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top