Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to update TS3? I did a "custom" install and moved it from where it is usually downloaded (not on C: Drive)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - How to update TS3? I did a "custom" install and moved it from where it is usually downloaded (not on C: Drive) Empty How to update TS3? I did a "custom" install and moved it from where it is usually downloaded (not on C: Drive)

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2016, 02:29

http://prntscr.com/c73c7c
It shows me updating something on the C: Drive when I already uninstalled the game. I want it on my D: Drive. I looked everywhere on my C: Drive and cannot find it, yet when I go to the updater it updates somewhere on my C: Drive. When I try to run TS3 on my D: Drive it asks for a confirmation code, I'm assuming I need to update with the crack to make it go away. But yeah.

Edit: I read you shouldn't use the crack folder so I will try updating it with the manual patch and see how that goes, I'll bump this thread again if I still run into any errors. Sorry!

//EDIT

Okay, even with downloading the manual patch I get the same error Sad

Back to top Go down

silent install - How to update TS3? I did a "custom" install and moved it from where it is usually downloaded (not on C: Drive) Empty Re: How to update TS3? I did a "custom" install and moved it from where it is usually downloaded (not on C: Drive)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 18 Aug 2016, 09:08

Hello,

It shouldn't matter where you installed the game when running any patch. I've had the game installed on D for ages, never monitored the updating process though. I would just let the patch run its course, then apply the crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

silent install - How to update TS3? I did a "custom" install and moved it from where it is usually downloaded (not on C: Drive) Empty Re: How to update TS3? I did a "custom" install and moved it from where it is usually downloaded (not on C: Drive)

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 08:17

Okay so I uninstalled everything again and deleted the registry keys but now it says I can't install because there's already an updated version of TS3 even though I uninstalled everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 19 Aug 2016, 09:38

Did you reset your PC after you uninstalled?
See if doing that helps. If it doesn't, you can use a registry cleaner or dive in there yourself looking for any stray entries. The registry cleaner should do fine though, you could use Ccleaner, it's safe. Only thing you need to look out for is that it may want to install additional programs during installation, you can always skip or cancel that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 09:57

Edin ElDi wrote:Did you reset your PC after you uninstalled?
See if doing that helps. If it doesn't, you can use a registry cleaner or dive in there yourself looking for any stray entries. The registry cleaner should do fine though, you could use Ccleaner, it's safe. Only thing you need to look out for is that it may want to install additional programs during installation, you can always skip or cancel that.
I restarted, restarted again after using CCleaner, and looked into the registry files again and found a few stray entries and deleted them. Do you have a list somewhere of all of the potential registry entries TS3 makes? I deleted at least like 5 different spots in there but I don't know if I missed one or what.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:07

Here's guide how to uninstal manually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:38

simmer_tony wrote:Here's guide how to uninstal manually.
Double checked and did everything in there already and still didn't work

Edit: nevermind, got the installation working, will update if I can't get the game to update like my original problem

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top