Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive Empty Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 22:42

My C drive is full, but my E drive has 500GB available, so I want to install it on my E drive.

I followed the "alternative guide" here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix
but editing my registry did not change the default value in the installer.

I have windows 10. 

I changed these registry keys:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir (x86)
to the E drive, and rebooted my computer, but when I try to run the installer, it defaults to the C drive again. 

Anyone know what registry key to change next? Sad

Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive V0jeNbw

Update: I changed more reg keys but still doesn't install to E:

Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive 4Nb053K

Back to top Go down

Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive Empty Re: Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 23:32

I decided to temporarily move C:\Users\Katie\AppData\Local to my E drive, then install, then move it back to C drive after moving Sims

Back to top Go down

Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive Empty Re: Can't install to C drive (full), edited my registry for the installer but it is still defaulting to C drive

Post by Guest Mon 20 Nov 2017, 13:57

I presume you try to install the base game on another location than C:
Unfortunately that's not possible with the G4TW downlload for the Sims 4.
Google for another download of the base game.
With base game installed in E: you can add the other DLC's from G4TW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top