Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't understand how to install The Sims 3 complete collection?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I don't understand how to install The Sims 3 complete collection? Empty I don't understand how to install The Sims 3 complete collection?

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 04:35

Sorry, Ive read the must read post before comung here but I still dont understand. Ive downloaded The Sims 3 complete collection and opened it. What now? I dont know how or when to install manual patch or ultimate fix? When i copied the #crack into my bin the previous try, I replaced it and now Sims says ' The Sims 3 had stopped working '. Also on the indtructions it says[size=41] You may skip the #xrack folder. You do not need to use the #crack folder, what does it mean by this?[/size]

[size=41]Sorry im asking to many questions this my srcond try and last time ibroke my game following the installion guide in the downloaded game  DedicatedToLorilihim Why. [/size]

Back to top Go down

I don't understand how to install The Sims 3 complete collection? Empty Re: I don't understand how to install The Sims 3 complete collection?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 19 Aug 2016, 09:44

Hello,

Ok, let's take it step by step. 

-Just install the base game first, and run the manual patch.
-Now, run the installers for the expansionpacks one by one, it doesn't matter in which order.
-You can run the patch again, it'll tell you it has already been updated, but the patch also patches the expansions.
-Lastly, go into the #crack folder and copy both files to your base game\bin, allowing these files to replace the original ones that are in there.

This ought to do, please post if you run into trouble.

Skipping the crack folders refers to the cracks that are inside the expansionpacks that are downloaded separately, but since you use the "Complete Collection", it doesn't apply to your situation.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

I don't understand how to install The Sims 3 complete collection? Empty Re: I don't understand how to install The Sims 3 complete collection?

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 13:42

♥✿Ɛɗιη✿♥ wrote:Hello,

Ok, let's take it step by step. 

-Just install the base game first, and run the manual patch.
-Now, run the installers for the expansionpacks one by one, it doesn't matter in which order.
-You can run the patch again, it'll tell you it has already been updated, but the patch also patches the expansions.
-Lastly, go into the #crack folder and copy both files to your base game\bin, allowing these files to replace the original ones that are in there.

This ought to do, please post if you run into trouble.

Skipping the crack folders refers to the cracks that are inside the expansionpacks that are downloaded separately, but since you use the "Complete Collection", it doesn't apply to your situation.
Thanks, but where would the #crack folder be, as in which file? And if i replace the crack in the binans it says sims 3 has stopped working what should i do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Aug 2016, 13:29

AshCloud23 wrote:Thanks, but where would the #crack folder be, as in which file? And if i replace the crack in the binans it says sims 3 has stopped working what should i do?

The #Crack-folder is inside your Complete Collection-download of TS3. It contains two files: the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll. These 2 files must be copied and pasted to the location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. When prompted, replace the existing files.

If the game still crashes, then you may need to try other solutions. For a start, check out the thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top