Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Empty Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 03:18

My mods are all in the package file inside of the 1 sims 4 Mods folder, but it doesnt show my mods in the create a sims or anything. I dont see any of the custom content I added to the game. I've made sure all of my custom content are for the Sims 4 only.

Is it because my custom  content is inside of Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods>Package
Should I put a copy of my Mods folder into Program Files (86)>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Game>Bin

???

Back to top Go down

Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Nov 2014, 03:40

jiae wrote:
My mods are all in the package file inside of the 1 sims 4 Mods folder, but it doesnt show my mods in the create a sims or anything. I dont see any of the custom content I added to the game. I've made sure all of my custom content are for the Sims 4 only.

Is it because my custom  content is inside of Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods>Package
Should I put a copy of my Mods folder into Program Files (86)>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Game>Bin

???

Hello Jiae and welcome,

Yes, your location is correct, I think. See this here too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots

I'm not sure about your CC, but if you have scripting mods, you must enable them in your options menu, in-game, and then re-start the game.

Please do post back about your progress and we'll see further about that; good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 08:55

From the link you gave, it appearance I've done it the correct way. 
I only have like 2 script mods and I did have to acivate it in the game, but Im still not seeing the mods WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Here are some screen caps of my folders if that helps:

Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Game410

Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Game4210
Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Game4310
Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Game4410

Here is a file I downloaded that is a script mod, I think?? Ive never used them before so idk if I did it right. I just dragged the zip folder into the packages file without extracting anything. And this is what it looks like when I open it.

Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Game4510

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 15:30

Hi there! Smile

All of the files are in the correct location. The problem you're having is that you are nesting the files too many subfolders deep. The resource.cfg that you have at the moment only allows to have one subfolder inside the Mods folder. As you have more subfolders deep, the game won't read any of those files. 

What you need to do is edit your resource.cfg file, using any text editor like Notepad or Wordpad. When you open it, edit it so it looks like this:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Close and save the file. Make sure that when you save it doesn't add a .txt at the name of the file. It should be named exactly as it was before you edited it. 

This will allow you to have up to 5 subfolders deep. In your screenshots I couldn't really see how many nested subfolders you have, but they seem like a lot (in every screenshot there's at least one more subfolder inside). You need to organize your CC and Mods accordingly.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 17:08

Like this?
Custom Content/Mods Not Showing Up in Game [SOLVED] Game412

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:24

I'm not sure you need so many lines...

6 like instructed by SeoY should be enough! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:06

Yes, that should be fine, jiae. However, theoretically, you do not even need any "sub-sub-folders". If you like to have only one sub-folder for each category, inside "Mods", then you don't need to edit the file.

Yes, that's a weakness in the guide I linked to, above. It only shows one sub-folder for each category under "Mods", like Hair, Test, Clothing and so on. But I personally don't need an elaborate system with many sub-folders. Laughing 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 00:16

Well, Ive deleted my sub-sub folders and just put one sub folder per-category now.
 I like to have it organized WhatDidUJustCallMe? in case I need to find and delete something
So I just copied my old packages folder to the desktop 

But anyways, the game is working fine and my mods are finally showing up in the game! Smile

The only thing now is it wouldnt work with the ultimate fix. I ALWAYS have issues with applying the Ultimate fixes. Even with my many Sims 3 downloads. it seems to work better w/o them

i dont know what Im doing wrong. So this time I tried to follow the instructions, but the result was that I couldnt run the game bc it said something like, My game is missing data. 

So, I just re-installed the game yet again, this time w/o the Ultimate fix, and its running fine with my mods and stuff..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 02:46

jiae wrote:
Well, Ive deleted my sub-sub folders and just put one sub folder per-category now.
 I like to have it organized WhatDidUJustCallMe? in case I need to find and delete something
So I just copied my old packages folder to the desktop 

But anyways, the game is working fine and my mods are finally showing up in the game! Smile

The only thing now is it wouldnt work with the ultimate fix. I ALWAYS have issues with applying the Ultimate fixes. Even with my many Sims 3 downloads. it seems to work better w/o them

i dont know what Im doing wrong. So this time I tried to follow the instructions, but the result was that I couldnt run the game bc it said something like, My game is missing data. 

So, I just re-installed the game yet again, this time w/o the Ultimate fix, and its running fine with my mods and stuff..

Most of the time keeping the organization simple in the Mods folder is beneficial too. The game could take time loading the files from so many subfolders, making the loading times longer. Wink

About the Ultimate Fix, I replied in your other topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18307-can-t-run-installation-for-sims-4#127400

As that problem is more Downloads related, I'll close this topic now. Please continue updating us in your other topic. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top