Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux Wine TS3 strange text glitch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Linux Wine TS3 strange text glitch. Empty Linux Wine TS3 strange text glitch.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 13:38

So I'm trying to get TS3 to run under wine. But for whatever reason I just constantly get this dialog box whenever I try to launch the game via TS3W.exe Don't know what to do. I always blocked TS3 in the firewall in windows, so is that what I have to do with this?

Edit: apparently not, closing my internet connection it just complains about not being able to connect to the internet to verify my game....

Last edited by bulletfreak on Sat 20 Aug 2016, 14:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Linux Wine TS3 strange text glitch. Empty Re: Linux Wine TS3 strange text glitch.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 13:54

Looks like you used an incorrect TS3W.
You must have the one from the base game The Sims 3 - Game - Bin. Unless you only have the base game and no expansions any higher than Generations

Back to top Go down

Linux Wine TS3 strange text glitch. Empty Re: Linux Wine TS3 strange text glitch.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 14:09

Actually it fixed it by installing Into The Future. Now I have a problem with the font being all messed up and non existent. Does TS3 require any special fonts to be installed?

imgur.com/wyNVjwZDOT.png

//EDIT

I'm using the Radeon graphics driver and I have S3TC texture compression enabled

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 15:12

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
to make The Sims 3 work you need to install at least one addon. And as I read you did.

Take a look at this topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Aug 2016, 13:39

bulletfreak wrote:Actually it fixed it by installing Into The Future. Now I have a problem with the font being all messed up and non existent. Does TS3 require any special fonts to be installed?

//MOVED

Topic moved to "Mac Support". No, the game doesn't need any special fonts. Instead, please make sure to apply the Ultimate fix (correctly):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

That means, do steps #4 and #5 of that guide, and you should be fine.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top