Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 game freezes after update.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 game freezes after update. Empty Sims 4 game freezes after update.

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2016, 07:31

Hi! I just downloaded the new Ultimate Fix. I haven't updated the game since last year. I copied all the files from the Ultimate Fix folder to Program Files (x86)/The Sims 4. I did get some messages asking if I want to replace the files.  I tried to play the game after I finished updating the files but when I open the game, the game freezes, and the screen turns white then I get a message saying that the game crashed. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried deleting the mods folder but it still crashes. 

This is what it looks like... 

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 game freezes after update. Empty Re: Sims 4 game freezes after update.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Aug 2016, 12:54

sailer wrote:Hi! I just downloaded the new Ultimate Fix. I haven't updated the game since last year. I copied all the files from the Ultimate Fix folder to Program Files (x86)/The Sims 4. I did get some messages asking if I want to replace the files.  I tried to play the game after I finished updating the files but when I open the game, the game freezes, and the screen turns white then I get a message saying that the game crashed. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried deleting the mods folder but it still crashes. 

This is what it looks like... 

Spoiler:

Hello and welcome to the forum @sailer,

From the screenshot I can already see that you haven't installed our "Get together" release. Smile  Please get it from the site here and install it "as usual" (by copying & pasting the stuff over your TS4 install folder).
http://bit.ly/29DT842

After you installed/applied "Get together", re-apply the Ultimate fix. Then try the game again. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug 2016, 08:03

Thank you so much! It worked! Very Happy  There's this weird bug where my sims would freeze a lot on the spot, though. The actions also get canceled. Sometimes when I move them to a new location, it says the sims are doing something but they are just standing outside. I try to reset them but they still stand there for hours. Sometimes they would be washing their hands out of the blue with no sink around and it'd say that they are using the computer but when I find that sim, they're inside the observatory. I also saw them trying to take care of the baby, but the baby they're taking care of was invisible. They weren't even in the baby's room. There seems to be a delay sometimes with the actions and events and stuff.

Can I delete The Sims 4 and TS4_x64 file? The Sims 4 one no longer works.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2016, 08:29

So I spent time trying to find out if the bug was coming from the mods folder. It was coming from the Get to College mod. I think the game will be alright now. Thanks. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top